My 2070 SUPER 4K settings and suggestions - episode 2

Thank you for your kind words! With a 2070S in 2K you can run with higher settings but when I’ve tried I’ve found out there is a narrow edge which makes the simulator spending the right amount of CPU and GPU time.

As a matter of fact I’ve also validated some of these settings in comparing in 1K and 2K in order to try detecting what is most dependent on fill-rate (number of pixels X shader ops per-pixel) and what is dependent on CPU and VRAM bus speed (computing then transferring vertex data and textures).

I believe these settings are still a good basis to get started because they’re trying to balance all the available power available among both CPU and GPU, while leaving some leeway to prevent too much fps drop in most demanding cases. You’ll get a smoother and more stable fps experience with these in a wider variety of places.

Then you can try raising what is most affecting per-pixel shader code: you have less pixels to display in 2K vs 4K and the GPU has therefore additional room for this. This is typically texture resolution, terrain level of detail, volumetric clouds eventually. All the other settings in my opinion don’t need to be pushed further because this won’t show much difference but will take some of the precious resources.

1 Like