My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

@AlexejGeldt
There is no such throttling and prediction settings with WMR/OXR. These are only in SteamVR and only if you’re using the StreamVR compositor (exit Vive for example).

As for NVidia VR Frames, since day 1 the overall consensus has been to using 1 to get the best performance and stable fps (less spikes). Some are reporting sometimes they have better results with 2,3,4 but most that I can read feedback from are finding it is better for them with 1, which I recommend too (both for Index and G2). It is possible it is video card dependant as well, or VRAM dependant?!

The most important setting for reducing “wobbles” and for stabilizing fps that I’ve identified is Multithreaded Optim. OFF (SteamVR and/or WMR).

NB: prior SU5 finely choosing VSync related settings where positively impacting the experience too in VR (see my older recommendations) but since SU5 they don’t seem to be having the same influence anymore (which is good and expected), and therefore I don’t recommend to change them anymore either.

The TAA scaling dance trick with WMR is a workaround to kick MR in, working for me, and now at least also working for @Jonny5Alive6618 (and I hope this helps many more people too!)

1 Like