My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestion (Reverb G2 - WMR)

Curious as to what exactly you’re referring to. Are you using reprojection or not? In the 2nd post, he recommends different NVCPL settings based on this.

1 Like

I have a 5800x and 3090 MSI, I was able to have a really smooth flight with the 787 near New York. With OXR 100 and TAA 100. To be sure I’m not at steady 30 FPS, but more 25-29. The Driver who suggested Cptlucky8 457.30, and my own setting helping me to reach smoothness. With my 4k monitor it would be a no go, to be under 30 FPS but in VR it seems to work differently…

1 Like

Thanks Dervakon

Are you using motion smoothing?
For me, motion smoothing is a must, I tried with it disabled, but my body just doesn’t like it at all. Hence the decreased resolution to keep motion smoothing locked and working at 30 FPS in 99% of the situations.

I understand though, I think there is a very big difference flying a jet at high altitude compared to a bush plane kissing tree tops.

How does it feel on the ground, take-off and landing? I’m just curious

I tried both with / without reprojection, I have it turned on for now, for me the additional frames are worth the reduction in sharpness, but it is definitely user preference.

What I was referring to specifically is that when I was moving back and forth between reprojection off / on / off / on (I have been changing settings a LOT for the last few days), one of those times I accidentally left one of the NVidia driver settings flipped the wrong way (threaded optimization, IIRC). Having that driver setting the way it was completely screwed up reprojection, and I never would have figured it out myself that those two settings were interacting… it was only because of the two posts at the top of this thread that I was able to get the game running well in VR.

1 Like

Are you saying threaded optimization was better for you on or off with reprojection?

I have threaded optimization off when reprojection is on, as suggested in post #2.

If you leave threaded optimization on with reprojection on… YMMV but I was getting “limited by mainthread” according to the WMR frame overlay, and significantly reduced frame rate.

Mainly I just wanted to convey my thanks to OP… there are a ton of settings, spread across several different locations, and having even just one set wrong can screw everything up, especially when trying to get reprojection working. OP did a great job putting all these pieces together.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Yep. OP is a champ.

1 Like

No I’m not using motion smoothing, it true at New York with the 787 it not perfect but at least I see the PFD really clear and the scenery is ok. When I use GA and small plane it heaven. It is REALLY SMOOTH. The reason why I use 100 at OXR and TAA 100, it because I prefer to have a better resolution and lower my graphic setting. For the clouds I leave it at High or Ultra depend of the condition and the A/C.

For me It feel great on the ground, takeoff and landing with the 787 at busy airport, but it not perfect. If I use GA or small A/C it not the same story.

I think it depend of what you are looking for. I’m use to have high graphic (4K lock at 30 FPS), so that why I use those setting in VR.

If you interrested I can show you all my setting, we have similar system so you will see if you like it or not…

The reason is because with a 3090, you can :joy:

Many of us are struggling with compromises in the meantime they get cheaper, let alone available!

Like I said it because of your driver who was the missing part to my smoothness, so Thank you. Before I was on a 1080ti with a 4K monitor, I never try VR with that card. When I get my 3090 I was thinking to be able to have a good 30 FPS with my HP reverb g2, with OXR and TAA at 100, but no, it not the case. I’m happy with the result I got now.

BTW I you like to thank you for your hard work, for the community. It take time and a lot of effort. You give us a lot of shortcut to achived good result without passing 100 of hours os tweaking our PC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Sure! I’d love to see those.

Ok I will do that this week…

1 Like

Thanks! Much appreciated!

I’m running a pretty heavily tuned 5950X/3090 system, and I’d say you still need to make some compromises. I continue to tweak things, but so far I’ve settled on:

Reprojection OFF: TAA 80 / OXR 100, mostly high settings
Reprojection ON: TAA 80 / OXR 80, mostly high settings

I’ve noticed that the best settings depends pretty heavily on your aircraft and location. Sightseeing in the Zlin Shock Ultra around the Grand Canyon, you can get away with much higher settings than an airliner skimming NYC.

I really hope that between Asobo, Microsoft, nVidia, and AMD, the next 6-12 months bring some bumps to performance in this sim because right now it really is quite brutal and temperamental

4 Likes

I’ve been on OXR100 and TAA 100 for several weeks running on a 3090 and 10700k at 5.1 GHz and it runs good with some compromise.
I was a little unsatisfied running with almost no headroom, resulting in some stuttering in few situations.
Last week i tried OXR 65 and TAA 120 with anitrosophic filtering in 16x and Supersampling in 6x6 and i See No difference in sharpness and eye Candy to OXR 100 and TAA 100. In fact i think even the cockpit, efis,gauges are more crisp with TAA 120.
The most important thing is, it is smooth in every situation and I get 35-38 frames in airliners and up to 45 frames in GA aircraft.
I had very hard times turning down OXR, because I thought with a 3090 you have to run 100/100.
Now it Looks better and runs smoother.
My ingame settings are mostly medium to high. Reprojection always Off.

4 Likes

How can you graduate and saturate the color settings in between the MSFS? In WMR the colors seems ok and nice but in the Simuator, they are flat and “boring”!

Do you mean you’re fine in VR but not in 2D? or the reverse?

If the reverse, please make sure to follow this link in the OP and vote:

Provide a Sharpen strength setting, and more post-processing effect controls in VR

1 Like

Yeah in 2D all good, nice colors, no stutter!

No what i wanted to say or express, is the WMR “House” from Microsoft seems very colorful with nice saturated colors. But when i fly in the sim, the colors are more flat, not as much powerful as in the WMR “House”. But maybe this is just a misperception?!

In my limited VR experience I think the opposite, the colors are a tad too cartoony, they should be a bit more faded to be closer to real life. Which means that people are different, so it would be nice to have a saturation controls and other picture adjustments in VR, like you can have it in pancake mode via software controls.

2 Likes

You absolutely right! In 2D, on Monitor it s very Eye Candy! It s beautiful, but sometimes like you said “cartoony”! Something between :wink: so an adjustement in the MSFS should be the goal! Or in the Nvidia driver. i dont know anything about programming…