My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestions (Index - SteamVR) 🟢

Thank you for your kind words!

This one is not easy. In theory I believe you’d be right about it but in practice… :slight_smile:

There has been some reports in the past of people managing to get better results with 2, or 4, sometimes 3, but to be honest, anything but 1 has been worse for me, regardless of the driver version. My take on this is the OpenXR API and the way Asobo is using it (they don’t have much different choices though). I believe the OXR layer in the driver doesn’t take advantage of this and limiting to 1 helps in practice getting a good CPU/GPU sync , even if this means you might have had the possibility to pre-render more frames otherwise.

If you CPU has ample room, this means you can certainly raise settings affecting the CPU more, like the traffic, the buildings (ULTRA), and this sort of things. If your VRAM has ample room, you can also probably raise Terrain LOD to 200 for example. Eventually, you might find it is better using 4:1 motion smoothing at 22.5fps

Otherwise you might also consider 120Hz/20fps (5:1) with your hardware and maybe you’ll find it better. It seems to me 90Hz is what FS2020 and/or OXR is most “tuned” for though.