My 2070 SUPER VR settings and suggestions (Index - SteamVR) 🟢

@DehLive Are you using SteamVR OpenXR with a SteamVR headset like the Index? If so, the OXR Dev Tools for WMR are of no use at all. Otherwise if you’re using a WMR Headset you can configure it to use the WMR OpenXR driver (and then benefit from the OXR Dev Tools), or to use the SteamVR OpenXR driver which will then work with the WMR headset via the “WMR for SteamVR” Steam App.

In any case I never use motion smoothing with flight simulators because I can’t stand the wobbling effect and deformations on the geometry. I can support juddering which is barely noticeable at all when looking forward and only visible when looking side ways at low altitude, or when moving your head in the cockpit.

NB: I find juddering less pronounced using the G2 with WMR OXR than with the Index with SteamVR OXR.

@Dawu777 Using TAA100+SS78 is giving the best EFIS legibility with similar fps than using a lower TAA but with worse view at a distance (which would then use the CAS Shader to enlarge the rendered image onto a larger view size). I’d recommend more using TAA60+SS220 which gives great view at a distance with crisp enough EFIS. If you’re system is more powerful, you might want to raise to TAA70+SS200.

@tpg0007 I believe it shouldn’t concern the MS Store version but I don’t know and actually I’ve never payed attention to this because I believe I’ve turned this off globally (no need for me).

@MadxMikex1337 Thank you for your feedback about the driver. I’ll have to give it a try then. Do you have a 20xx or 30xx?

@Malkuth1974 Thank you for your feedback as well! If you’re using a SteamVR headset (or using SteamVR) I believe they is a problem since 1.14.x, because the first time I’ve tried FS2020 in VR during the beta it was better than now. I do hope they’ll solve this and I do hope FS2020 is not using some specific OXR frame timing info/sync they can only get from the WMR OXR driver. In effect, I’ve found a specific reference to “FS2020” in the WMR OXR Driver v104 which I don’t know yet whether it is a debug entry only or a specific optimization…

@ThinkingBog8 Thank you for your feedback too! I’m glad this is helping others!

1 Like