My Download Is Stuck! Help!

if it’s not downloading after 30 mins with no up in percentage, end task and relaunch. You have to keep doing this until all is installed.

Yes, a big problem. It needs fixed. You and others should fill out that installing survey posted.

It’s on the Zendesk link at the top of the forum page, right of the flight simulator logo.

Wish I paste the link from the Alpha forum but I get notified by a moderator about the NDA that I can’t do that!

Thanks.
I just submitted my issue on that survey section.
I am hoping to see a response.
It is painful to resort to youtube to get the experience having pre-ordered one myself.

I have an 8 mbs download speed with my rural internet service…i’m on day 3 of downloading. :frowning:

Well to be honest, having a slow connection seems to work better. In testing, some of us slowed down our internet just for the installation.

Pls i need help i need 3 gb to install but it just keeps waiting will something happen if i restsart the computer

You can and should restart when it no longer is downloading. I have mentioned it many times in this thread alone.

End Task on MSFS. Then relaunch it. It will continue from the last fully downloaded file.

1 Like

What is Netflex? :crazy_face:

That’s a new streaming service for muscle building. :upside_down_face:

Now I’m at day 4 of downloading 50GB it’s so annoying I have literally tried everything that is possible

End Task and relaunching is not working?

Yes it’s not working and I really dont want to start from beginning

From what I can tell, FlightSimulator.exe is attempting to download files from AWS cloud front over HTTPS. When attempting to access the cloudfront host I’m looking at via HTTPS, I’m getting a certficate error: (https://server-99-84-230-85.sfo5.r.cloudfront.net/). That’s problem #1.

Problem #2 (potentially) is when accessing that host without the HTTPS, I still get an HTTP error “403 - The request cannot be satisfied” indicating congestion and / or configuration error (http://server-99-84-230-85.sfo5.r.cloudfront.net/).

I think Aboso / Microsoft are having issues with their distribution methods and have occasional success. This would lead me to believe that it will improve over time.

This may also have different affects in different regions.

Have you looked at all the known issues on Aboso / Zendesk link?
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

And under a section on this forum called “Self Service”?
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/self-service/158

Aboso posted a “Known Issues”:

And if none of the above helps, send a support request to Zendesk:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

We have noticed that it does affect from different regions. When I watch it through wireshark, I’m getting HTTPS and a direct Azure server to Seattle, Washington. I live in Montana, USA.

hello again, my download is still waiting

im from spain

i have no files in the community folder

The community folder is for add-ons and should be blank.

How much disk space do you have on your C drive?
How much disk space do you have on the drive you are installing too?

When I had issues installing on launch date, pausing and closing/restarting the installer seemed to be some of the causes of my issues. It would even try to load the game with partially installed files, but only showed a messed up initial Options page I wasn’t able configure (various variable names in UI instead of actual labels).

I was able to resolve it by uninstalling everything MSFS from the Windows App/Program manager (I recall having 3 items, the main install, and 2 extra versions/patches)… and yes Deleting everything in the content directory (so I had to start the download all over again).

After this it was successful with enough time and without pausing… however I noticed one important thing. Often when the Progress bar froze, it was still doing work. The progress bar shows “download” progress. But at least in my case it downloaded a bunch of files at a time, and then would spend even more time decompressing those files.

Towards the end the progress bar was “stuck” at ~4 GB away from completing, however looking in the “onestore” directory I could see it was working on decompressing a batch of ~56 GB of files (a bunch of nearly identically named ~2 GB files one at a time). I could see it progress as it would eventually step to the next file (i.e. *.001 to *.002, etc. so it was not always obvious it had changed). Once it was done with one of the files, it appeared to delete the file from the “onestore” directory, so I could also monitor progress by watching the files disappear one by one.

After that it worked fine for me… though it took ~5-6 hours in total to install.

So as hard as it may be, I think you might want to try clearing out the download directory and start fresh, but don’t pause or close out the window.

I would like to thank everyone that helped me with my flight sim I have finally finished downloading