My HP Reverb G2 just died

Very interesting, all what I have read so far points out to be the cable as you said. Initially I thought it was my graphic card but I don’t think so. Where you inside the warranty time?

Exactly the same problem and fixed by disabling the Perception Simulation Headset in Devices / Mixed Reality devices. Windows installs this automatically and it can cause a conflict.

Yes, my headset was well within warranty. The exchange process (with this particular company) was a little bit convoluted, but worked out fine.

1 Like

Could you please elaborate more on this solution? How do you deactivate that? Do you have more information about this causing the problem?

Would be appreciated :call_me_hand:

The Perception Simulation Headset is a driver for other wmr VR headsets and this can conflict with the Reverb driver and is not required. In the Device Manager right click and disable Perception Simulation Headset. HP support advised me and it worked for me.

1 Like

I had this issue once. “No headset present”.

I fixed it by turning my computer off, turning the headset off by removing the power cable and then turning them back on again by reversing the things I did just moments ago.

1 Like

I will give this definitely a try! Let’s see if it works, will report back!

This didn’t work for me unfortunately :weary:

I had the same issue. HP told me to send it back for full replacement. Overnighted a box.

Six weeks (!) later my replacement came. Works perfectly.

I mean as long as the headset fails within the warranty is all good, we could return it as long as we want and get new ones, but it is fails beyond the warranty then the fun is over I think so…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.