My new RTX 3080 is worse then my old GTX 1080ti. What's wrong?

Yes… the i9’s are not much better then my 8700k…

I made an decent overclock now. I’m custom watercooled… I’m in 5GHz… I got a better performance…

2 Likes

The new 11th generation is said to have double digit IPC gains so you may be able to get a little bump there if you want to upgrade to that with a new motherboard. Wont blow your pants off but should be noticeable coming from 8th Gen.

The OC to 5 GHz is a great step to get more out of your 8700k. Especially since its watercooled, just a waste to not utilize all that extra cpu power.
You can also lower the traffic, cars and airport vehicles. They make the world more alive but are also heavy on the cpu.

1 Like

3080 and 8700k and still asked for an upgrade, still 30fps.
this game has serious problems.
get a 10900k and maybe you gain 2 fps…

1 Like

This is not your average game. What you say is correct in most games, but not here. My 5800X bottlenecks my 3080 BIGTIME in dense areas and with airliners. In the worst cases I literally get the same framerate at 720p and 5K (about 30 fps when I benchmarked it).

1 Like

It all depends on your settings and resolution. You should be able to get better frames with tweaking settings. Is that cpu overclocked?

So I am getting a limited by main thread. Is the solution to increase render scaling to be limited by the GPU?

I am getting constant stutter in my when panning or turning. It’s becoming quite annoying with my RTX3090 and my I7 6700 at 4.4GHZ.

If you’re going with a new motherboard, then it’s most likely much better to go with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU on a B550 motherboard. Why stick with intel if you’re swapping motherboards already?

I know what Intel’s marketing department is saying about 11th gen, but wait for independent benchmarks before you make a conclusion. And that is still a good while off.

1 Like

Yea I’ve said this very same thing in another thread.

Everything what can save all fps increase is waiting to DX12 release with DLSS (perhaps). FlightSim’s always was and will be fps killer depend spec.

Sorry for a late reply, same issue here with my 3700X. Turn all settings to maximum, increase render scaling to push load onto GPU. OC your 8700K to 5GHz if it can do it as well

1 Like

Same, 3090 and stutters.

Got the 5900X, 3090, 48 GB 3600 CL16 and 2 TB nvme. Limited by mainthread so restricted my FPS to 30 for smooth gameplay. I might try render 200 and see what improvements I get. My previous combination seemed to work fairly well but at slightly lower settings.

I hope there is a optimisation coming in one of these updates.

1 Like

I’ve got a 3080 running with an i7 7700. From my experience the 3080 is at its happiest when running in 4K with the graphics settings mainly set to ultra. There’s not a whole load of point in getting a 3080 or 3090 if you’re not going to run at full 4K as thats what they’re designed for.

The 3070 and 3060ti are for 1440p set ups and are far better value for money for doing that.

DLSS doesn’t improve performance, it improves upscaling quality. You can test the performance benefits of rendering at a lower resolution right now by using the render scaling slider below 100%; however many people find they get only small improvements in fps because the main thread is the limiting factor.

I have an RTX card and I’m aware that running at a lower resolution reduces GPU usage per frame, which in many games improves frame rate. In Control, rendering with mid-level resolution reduction and DLSS improves frame rate visibly from 45 to 60. However that’s not because of the DLSS, as I can do the same thing rendering at 1440p manually, it just doesn’t look as good. My information comes from the detailed background articles on nvidia dot com and from personal experience.

You are both correct. You gain fps bacause it renders at a lower resolution an then upscales it back to the original one using some AI assisted magic. So for example DLSS 4k looks worse than normal 4k but runs at the performance of 2k (for example, don’t know the exact numbers) and looks much better than normal 2k.