My Sim is offline, why? (Server Outage October 19, 2021)

I am experiencing a “online services unreachable. Please check your internet connection”.

There is nothing wrong with my internet connection. The sim was working fine for me earlier.

2 Likes

Same - I’m trying for a fourth time now.

1 Like

I am also facing the same issue.

Servers could be down. Showing offline for me post SU 6 install. I’m in US.

Known issue, servers are down for many people right now. They are working on it.

I don’t know if anyone mentioned this but your Gamer Tag will always indicate off line unless multiplayer is turned on. The Gamer Tag showing as offline has no effect connecting to the servers but some think it does thus my post. I think this changed with the SU5 update.

I’ll be patient but I for one can’t bring myself to play in offline mode. It’s just way to arcaic for me. It definitely looks like MSFS from at least 10 years ago. I’ll just wait thank you very much.

1 Like

the msfs gods have spoken

Same for me. My data section is grey.

Just jumping on the bandwagon. Offline for me at 0130z

Can someone put a piece of cheese in front of the hamster wheel so we can get him running again… I’ve got a Sim update to download! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

…and me too - UK

A bug before the new update is even downloaded, thats a new achievement to be fair

1 Like

…and me too - CHN

I kinda have to chuckle at all the “me too” posts when its a world wide outage. Me too…Texas.

and the same here

me too

mine is stopped

Same in Texas ya’ll

Reporting in from the east coast, but since the servers seem to be down everywhere, that seems like it’s not really relevant info anymore.

I’m not really miffed, stuff happens, I am really interested in the connection issue itself, though. It’d be one thing if the server was completely dead and nobody could connect, but people can, albeit very briefly. My download screen would get to somewhere between 8 and 30 MB before kicking me out. What could be causing that kind of problem? I would think if it was an authentication issue, I wouldn’t be able to access the data at all, but it gives me a few seconds to download before shutting me down.

Either way, curious. I’ve got other stuff to play in the meantime. Hope y’all get it resolved soon, though, I’m excited for DX12 and the new features! :blush:

1 Like

I’m noticing even the forum servers are glitching out every now and then

1 Like