MYNN strange large signs at the airport

Only default scenery is installed for MYNN

Any ideas?

Maybe that was your grade for the landing? As in “Spinal Tap,” “These Go to 11.”

4 Likes

If you go into the SDK and compile the SimpleScenery setup, this is what you will get. Looks like someone accidentally included it in the last update. I think you might also find a street lamp down there in the grass between the runway and taxiway.

1 Like

Ok thx so nothing I can do from my site right?

I get that too…

Short of creating a scenery with an exclusion rectangle, no. Maybe you should file this with Zendesk.

Empty your community folder and see if it is still there. I’ve had issues like that due 3rd party sceneries, often freeware ones. It’s worth double checking.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:
Seems like a bit of a hazard to me…

6 Likes

lmao

If only we had a windsock like that

2 Likes

Other than it’s obviously silly size, where does 11 come from? It’s not a runway, and it’s not a taxiway either. That should be H.

LOL :wink: :laughing: :rofl: :slightly_smiling_face:

Great score on the landing! 11 out of 10!

1 Like

Maybe they put it up because some pilots keep taxiing to the wrong runway.

1 Like

And to make it even more weird - there’s no runway 11 at all. It stands by the runway 14 as you see :smiley:

1 Like

I have had stuff like that at Nassau. Empty your community folder and see if it is still there. Sometimes freeware addons cause strange objects to appear in other places.

Looks like a challenge to me. What’s the biggest plane someone can fly through the sign posts?

Hi @anon78924413,
I’m not seeing this sign at runway 14. I do not have developer mode on nor any add-ons for that area. Pictures below were by spawning on 14.

Delete your content.xml and let the sim regenerate it.

It’s judging your last landing, apparently you nailed it. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have tried to remove the content.xml but the sign is still there after loading. Maybe I’ll need to experiment with the community folder, but the thing is - it is 76.4 GB. Can I just rename the community folder to something else and probably create a new community folder to trigger load without mods?