Mysterious MSFS Marketplace

I have bought alot of aircraft and scenery from the MSFS Marketplace without any problems. I tried to purchase the Staggerwing aircraft but although it was installed in Content Manager it would not appear in the Sim. After much trouble-shooting through Zendesk, MSFS gave me a refund. I waited a few months and tried again, but with the same result and another refund. I asked if they could give me the aircraft in some other way, but no response. I am now rather nervous to use the Marketplace again as all of the above took a few hours. I cannot find any similar posts.
Has anyone experienced missing aircraft like this? Any suggestions?
Cheers.

Do you have any issues with the free ones, such as GNS 530 addons, or the world updates?

1 Like

You’ve bought a lot of what?
Other aircraft?
What troubleshooting did they have you do?

To answer your question, no, I have not had that issue. Sorry I can’t help more based on the extremely limited information you gave.

1 Like

It is a slightly different problem but my recent experiences have been no less frustrating. This is my recent rant about trying to buy the C160:

“Very frustrating but I am still blocked from purchasing this. The marketplace transaction fails or gets stuck every time. I spent hours searching the web for solutions, and there are a ton of them to be found. All of them have not worked for me. There is an entire thread devoted to this problem right here on the forum. When you reach the end of the suggestions, the last option is to submit a ticket to zendesk for support. Forum users have said that this will get the issue resolved in a few days. So, after hours and hours of troubleshooting, restarts, sign outs and turn off and ons, I finally punted and submitted a ticket for help.

The response was quick. It directed me to a forum thread dedicated to this issue (yes, the same one) and told me to follow the troubleshooting steps within.

No Transall for me my friends.”

I have since opted out of the beta as that was also a suggestion to me by another user. It still made no difference and I cannot get a transaction to go through.

1 Like

Thanks. No, no other problems with freeware or payware - have so much of both. This has been my only significant problem since having MSFS from Day 1. Cheers.

Thanks. Bought lots of aircraft and scenery. You will be sorry you asked about trouble-shooting - see long list of emails below!!! Cheers.

—————————————————————-

Re: [Microsoft Flight Simulator] Re: My account was charged but I haven’t received my marketplace purchase

Sorry, no go!

Even had my brilliant software engineer brother-in-law re-do ALL your many different instructions!

Getting a bit tired of it now.

Can you cancel the purchase and I try again? Or re-fund?

Would have liked the aircraft but do not really care. Bit nervous about future purchases though.

Thanks for all the trouble-shooting attempts BTW.

Cheers

Frank Martinelli

Sent from my iPad

On 28 Mar 2023, at 9:19 pm, MSFS support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (#187933) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email or click the link below:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/requests/187933

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Mar 28, 2023, 12:19 GMT+2

Hi Martinelli1,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Flight Simulator Support today.

Please follow the steps below to reinstall gaming services (when you are getting errors in powershell):

• Go to start > Search for PowerShell > Right click > Run as administrator. Type the following command and press enter:
    • get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices remove-AppxPackage -allusers
  • Press Windows + R and type in “regedit”. Press enter.
    • Search for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services
    • Delete the folders “GamingServices”, “GamingServices.net” (if they’re still there).
  • Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Microsoft Store > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.
  • Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox App > Advanced Options > Repair, then Reset.
  • Press Windows + R. Type TEMP and press enter. Delete all the files inside this folder. Repeat this step by typing %TEMP% and Prefetch. Delete everything on both folders too.
  • Press Windows + R. Type WSRESET and press enter.
  • Restart your computer. Run Powershell as administrator and run the following commands (one at a time):
    • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    • start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
  • Restart your computer one more time. Open the Xbox App and sign in with the same account as the Microsoft store.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team
Knowledge base Forums Twitter Facebook Discord SDK Q&A

MSFS_Teemu

Martinelli1

Mar 28, 2023, 12:01 GMT+2

I could not complete your last section about Reinstall Gaming Services (this happened the other day as well but I forgot to tell you) because I got the following error message.

image.jpg

Sent from my iPad

On 28 Mar 2023, at 5:56 pm, MSFS support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com wrote:

Mar 28, 2023, 08:56 GMT+2

Hi Martinelli1

We can see the entitlement in your inventory, so this is indeed strange, please go through the troubleshooting steps one more time to make sure you didn’t miss any of them before.

First, make sure you’re logged in with the Microsoft account used to purchase the DLC and that you own the DLC on this platform.

• There is no license sharing
    • Content purchased on the Marketplace is not shared with other profiles using the same PC
  • Marketplace purchases are not cross-platform.
    • Even if you own the game on both the Microsoft Store and Steam, you will only be able to access the additional content on the platform used to make the purchase, even if you use the same gamertag on both platforms.

If you’re logged in with the account used to purchase the DLC, start from the top and work your way through the list until the DLC appeared.

CHECK THE CONTENT MANAGER
If the DLC is missing from your hangar, double-check that the package are installed and up-to-date.

• Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator,
  • Go to Profile > Content Manager
  • Go to Not Installed then check under Update available
  • Install/Update the content if necessary

RESTART ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY

• Go to Options > General > Data
  • Toggle Online Functionality OFF
  • Click on Apply & Save
  • Toggle Online Functionality ON
  • Click on Apply & Save

CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT AND SYSTEM SETTINGS
Incorrect time settings or missing updates can prevent you from using your DLCs. Go through each step from this guide:
Read first: Windows 10 11 troubleshooting

INSTALL THE XBOX APP
To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the account that was used to purchase the DLC.

NOTE: You do not need a subscription to Game Pass to be able to use the Xbox app.
  • Go to: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10
  • Click on the Download the app button
  • Follow the installation process.
  • Once the app is finished installing, launch the Xbox App.
  • Click on the icon in the top right corner of the screen, and click on Sign in.
  • Sign in with the email address used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  • Click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator icon in the left menu.
  • Click on Play.
  • Sign in to Microsoft Flight Simulator with the email address used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.

REINSTALL GAMING SERVICES
Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
  2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
  1. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
  1. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
  2. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Kind regards,

MSFS_Teemu

Martinelli1

Mar 28, 2023, 03:28 GMT+2

Here it is:

Sent from my iPad

On 28 Mar 2023, at 12:59 am, MSFS support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com wrote:

Mar 27, 2023, 15:58 GMT+2

Hi Martinelli1,

Can you send us screenshot of your aircraft selection at world map when you search for “Staggerwing”?

Kind regards,

MSFS_Teemu

Martinelli1

Mar 27, 2023, 13:24 GMT+2

Tried all that below. Even did the latest Windows 10 security update. No luck - still no aircraft. Strange because I have bought so much from the Marketplace before, and had no problems. Any other ideas?

Cheers

Frank

Sent from my iPad

On 27 Mar 2023, at 9:25 pm, MSFS support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com wrote:

Martinelli1

Mar 27, 2023, 12:28 GMT+2

Gamertag and proof of purchase below.

FrankPilot#1530

Thank you for shopping with us on March 26, 2023.

Any downloads you bought, except preorders, are available now.

If you need help, we’re here for you. In addition to free shipping and returns, our Microsoft Store Promise includes free virtual workshops, video tutorials, expert help, and more.

We also offer one-on-one help with Surface devices and accessories, gaming devices, Microsoft 365, or Windows. If you’ve purchased a product for personal use, book a free product expert appointment for setup assistance or personal training. For business customers interested in personal training, book a free appointment with one of our business product experts.

Order Number: 6194531335
Date purchased: March 26, 2023

Order details

Order Subtotal AUD 13.59

GST AUD 1.36
Order Total AUD 14.95

Including tax

Payment

PayPal AUD 14.95

Sent from my iPad

On 27 Mar 2023, at 5:34 pm, MSFS support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com wrote:

Support Team (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Mar 27, 2023, 12:25 GMT+2

Hi Martinelli1

We looked into your account and can confirm that the entitlement is already redeemed on your account. In order to authenticate your DLC, we invite you to do the following:

RESTART ONLINE FUNCTIONALITY

• Go to Options > General > Data
  • Toggle Online Functionality OFF
  • Click on Apply & Save
  • Toggle Online Functionality ON
  • Click on Apply & Save

CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT AND SYSTEM SETTINGS
Incorrect time settings or missing updates can prevent you from using your DLCs. Go through each step from this guide:
Read first: Windows 10 11 troubleshooting

INSTALL THE XBOX APP
To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the account that was used to purchase the DLC.

NOTE: You do not need a subscription to Game Pass to be able to use the Xbox app.
  • Go to: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/apps/xbox-app-for-windows-10
  • Click on the Download the app button
  • Follow the installation process.
  • Once the app is finished installing, launch the Xbox App.
  • Click on the icon in the top right corner of the screen, and click on Sign in.
  • Sign in with the email address used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  • Click on the Microsoft Flight Simulator icon in the left menu.
  • Click on Play.
  • Sign in to Microsoft Flight Simulator with the email address used to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator.

REINSTALL GAMING SERVICES
Finally, if the aircraft is still missing from the Hangar after performing the above steps, reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

1. Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
  2. In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
  1. In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
  1. Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
  2. Restart your device and try to install the game again.

Kind regards,

Erik

Martinelli1

Mar 27, 2023, 08:34 GMT+2

I purchased the above aircraft on 26 March 2023. It appears as owned in the Marketplace and as installed in the Content Manager but does not appear in the game/World Map for selection. I have tried everything listed in the FAQs more than once.

This email is a service from Microsoft Flight Simulator. Delivered by Zendesk

[09OY4M-9XWDR]

1 Like
  1. I can’t tell from what you posted, are you on Steam or Store (seems like Store?)
  2. I don’t see the error you got for Gaming Services?
  3. Have you purchased any other content since this failed?

While that seems like a lot of info that you posted, it’s not. I’m not sure we should continue this in public though?

I had a major issue a couple of years ago when my Xbox user got corrupt on my PC. I had to go through a bunch of machinations including logging out of my Xbox user, uninstalling the MS Store App and Xbox App, rebooting, some other cleaning stuff, then reinstalling the Apps. Had to do it a couple of times before I was able to log into my user for real (it said I was logged in, but I wasn’t).

If it’s showing up in the content manager something is there, if it’s not showing up in the game, there are myriad reasons this can happen that I don’t see checked above but maybe you did them. I have to get to work, but I’ll check a couple of things later.

1 Like

Don’t worry about it my friend. I posted in case someone had the same problem, but it seems no one has (confirmed by Zendesk below). I do not want to put anyone to extra work.

Your questions:

1. Store.
  2. No error from Gaming Services.
  3. No, too scared to.

Latest from Zendesk:
“We haven’t received other tickets from users saying they have the same issue. And also, we are not able to replicate this issue with our QA team. It is being investigated, but we cannot say “why” this is happening, at least for now.”

You mentioned deleting, cleaning etc - did all that a few times before contacting Zendesk. Anyway, don’t worry about it. It will probably fix itself! In all other respects my Sim is fine. And I am trying to reduce my spending on payware, especially with so much freeware available!

Cheers

2 Likes

The sometimes broken marketplace issue has been costing Microsoft lots and lots of revenue !!!

Something like the above sentence should be on a banner inside Microsoft headquarters for every employee there to see everyday. And its not just MSFS. Its the whole Microsoft sales program.

Amazon. Apple. Steam: These companies rose from tiny to huge empowered by a simple and pleasant buying experience. Witness the wonderful iTunes purchase procedure compared to the whole Microsoft nightmare.

Our family has over 1000 purchases from Amazon over the years. Their cart system is easy and pleasant to use.

We buy almost nothing from Microsoft. Life too short to go through that nightmare.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I tried repeatedly to download the ATR 42/72 from the Marketplace and tried all the fixes MS suggested…without success. But what worked for me was launching MSFS directly from within MS Store and then going to the Marketplace. Maybe this will help someone else who’s been tearing their hair out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.