Name and Location of XLS file containing TAIL NUMBER?

Did any of this work to actually change the tail number shown on the DC-6? As far as I can tell, you can’t change it as it is painted as part of the livery, for example:

Changing the customisation options definitely don’t work.

yes. I have one customized livery and to this point i had to stick in “-” because otherwise i have the ASGXSA registration.
Just changed every ID to “” and at world map i entered nothing to registration but it remebered my last typed registration… how can i edit this? or how does the sim forget the last used registration? Field at World map is nothing entered!

Yeah, that will happen with the level of precedence that I mentioned a few post above. If you want a blank or invisible registration number layer. You need to copy paste this exact invisible character to the Aircraft.cfg of the livery that you want it to go blank. You have to Copy paste this invisible character. It’s not a space character.

atc_id = "‎ " ; tail number

As for the World Map Customisation field being persistent even if it’s blank. When you click on it, you should see a “clear” button on the bottom left, you need to press that Clear so that the sim will make sure it is cleared and blank.

Then with an empty customise field, it will go to the next level of precedence that I mentioned above which is the livery level. And as long as you copy-paste the exact empty character above, it will take it as a valid Tail Number registration, but since it’s an invisible character, the tail number layer will be invisible as well, and you would only see a hardpainted tail number for that livery.

EDIT: I just realised the forum posts can’t handle invisible characters… My bad… Let me think of something…

Does anybody have any idea at all why the sim no longer displays that info in the world map?

Was it to save on used memory for lesser capable systems?

Okay, now I found it, you basically need to copy the invisible character from this website (method 1). Invisible Character - Copy & Paste Blank (Empty) Characters (editpad.org)

And paste it into the inside of the quote marks in your aircraft.cfg

atc_id = "‎‎ " ; tail number
1 Like

Do NOT change the tail numbers of PMDG OC2 liveries, they are mandatory for correct operation.

1 Like

General Protection Faults / CTDs

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.