Traffic Nameplate Range Slider Option

One of the items on my wish list would be to limit the number of Traffic Nameplates to a predefined distance from your aircraft.

I find that there are so many Nameplates showing that are not relevant because they are way off in the distance and that just leads to a confusing mass of Traffic Nameplates.

4 Likes

Giving this a bump. We really need a configurable radius for multiplayer.

2 Likes

I totally agree with you.
Also would like to see altitude and speed displayed.

Get FLO, and you can customize the size & color of the nameplates

Or how about a mass more sliders – sliders for everything — hardware compatible of course.

mixers1

X-Touch-MAXI

1 Like

When traffic labels are turned on, a sub-setting should appear to customise label distance i.e. show players within 10nm. Options to toggle various values to be displayed like air speed, distance, heading etc would also be good

2 Likes

Please add a slider that adjusts the nameplate range so I don’t have to see literally every person flying within 200nm of me!

It would also be beneficial to have the customization similar to fsx where you could change the color and what was displayed (distance, tail #…etc)

It should only be a matter of time until they add a feature in the UI to control at what radius other players nametags shall appear on your screen. Example; I run high graphic settings and appreciate the visual quality of my exterior view. This is great until so many very distant ( sometimes in excess of 100’s of kilometers), nametags appear as to block the scenery almost completely. Now I know you can just turn it off…but I can’t when me and a friend or two are flying together and we need to keep track of each other. The solution of course it to limit the radius of players displayed .

There should be a slider below “SHOW TRAFFIC NAMEPLATES” to allow a distance range. I really don’t care to see names of people that are hundreds of miles away from me.

Some like a starting range of 50 miles to maybe 500 miles. Or even a greater range.

1 Like

Hello Asobo,
Could you built in a slider that sets the distance other players labels can be seen ?
Sometimes now I do see a lot of them, but they seem to be so far away, one can never really see the aircraft itself.
Thanks for considering!
Bram Stikkel

2 Likes

If a distance is added, please add both minimum AND maximum distance.
When in group-flights, I’m neither interested in folks flying dozens of miles away nor do I want to see all nameplates destroy the immersion while close to the planes.
Only need them to find my group when I got lost.

2 Likes

This brings up a huge problem in the sim, that is known to cause frame rate issues, at best, and memory leaks with corresponding CTDs at worst. BlindPotato is over an hour away from me ( if I tried to fly to him). When in reality, all I care about are individuals that are within a 10 NM radius around me. By limitting this tag range to 10 NM, a tremendous amount of overhead in the game would be removed. It would probably give us performance gains, that all of us seek so desperately. We may even be able to fly even longer between memory leak CRASHES! And to take that one step further, it would be nice to know BlindPotato’s TRAJECTORY, if he were close. I may not hit him, or I could follow him, maybe make a new friend in the game. This would be a win/win for EVERYONE, including Microsoft, by giving us a better flying experience, and lower the game overhead!

1 Like

I was just in the beta looking around finding there’s practically nobody in there :frowning: so I said lets check LAX on the west coast, I figured there would be a few almost always is … nope ONE GUY shows up.

Lets see how far away this one guy is so I slewed to his location in SANTA BARBRA 100 miles away!!!

Asobo, any way to let us set the distance at which other players Nameplates become visible?
Maybe add a slider or something for them.
As it is now, I’m seeing traffic that’s many miles away. I don’t care for that as all those Nameplates just overlap and clutter the sky. It’s hard to read any of them.

Thanks.
And thanks for the Namplate Toggle function. :grinning:

The Distance from My Airplane and All those in the Sky looks so close, however, they are not always that way.

I was at KSAN (San Diego, CA) today , looked around and WOW, airplanes all over the place… Wonderful… Someone to fly with.
BUT… Guess what ? They were 120 miles away at KLAX (Los Angeles) ! To me, they looked like they were 2 puffy clouds away.

We really do need a DISTANCE Slider so we can eliminate some of those tags in the sky if needed.

I hope this topic does not get “Buried” away …

5 Likes

I totally agree!

2 Likes

I have set a key bind for “Show Nametags” so I can turn those names on and off easily. I find the name tags annoying, but sometimes I want to know what flight I just saw. It’s nice to be able to quickly toggle on and then turn it right back off

1 Like

Good idea on setting a keybind. I agree that a range slider would be nice too.

1 Like

Other options would be to have the name tags get smaller or more transparent the farther away they are.

The option to turn off and on nametags with a keyboard shortcut was a nice addition.

1 Like

It shouldn’t be limited to turning off Nameplates only, but to the planes themselves. Why bother loading the data for aircraft that are 100 miles away?

True.

It would be good to have a slider so it wouldn’t even fetch data for planes x nm away from you, but it would also be nice if there was a visual indication of how far away other planes are when they are visible.

2 Likes