Nav Audio level low -- can it be Modded to bring up its level?

The Nav Radio audio is pitifully low, even at Max Nav Radio volume setting.

How difficult would it be to correct that ?

Assuming the “dots” and “dash” audio clips are in some Sound pak, what would it take to modify those individual sounds to increase their amplitude, and re-package them back into a modified sound pak file.

I am also assuming that those familiar with the MSFS sound Pak system, would fine this trivial to do, if, in fact, those “Dots” and “Dashes” have been recorded at a low amplitude level.

Anyone willing and able to take a look ?

5 Likes

I’ve been complaining about that since day 1…:frowning:

It may well be possible to make a Mod to increase the volume…

It is not the sort of thing I would expect Asobo to put any priority on, as it would probably never get past single digits in a WISH thread !!

I’ve tried to turn it up using simconnect events but alas, it’s already at max. You might be onto something with making the sound files louder.

But you know as soon as we figure that out, they’ll fix it. Lol.

You mean, as soon as we figure it out and tell them how to fix it, they will fix it …

But with so many other things that need to be fixed, and “POPULAR”, fixing the Nav Audio for realistic Nav radio operation is not going to be a very high priority.

I have never touch Wwise, or the sound paks, but it may be quite a simple task to open it up, edit the More Code audio file by increasing amplitude to max Dynamic range, and then packing it all up again. ??

Yeah, Wwise is above my pay grade. LOL.

There must be some Devs out here, who are using Wize, and can throw some light on this matter ??

But is the Nav Morse even an audio file, or are the tones generated programmatically ??

ANYONE ??

@@@@@ And another issue get ignored and swept under the carpet :-1:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.