NAVBLUE navigation charts

i dont know. charts and update are includ.

1 Like

In the navblue partnership announcement, they did say that “charts +” would be coming “post release”. Not sure how far out that could be, but I’m just going to hold out and see when it comes out if that’s a better option for what I want. Regards

1 Like

So i’m confused. Are chartes gonna be a part of the sim? Do i still need to subscribe on navigraph? One or another, it’s an important feature

yes the shall be it.

Don’t know about navblue, but I was trying to do an RNAV appr to E30 and none of the fixes showed in the sim, also I could not enter E30 into the GPS and then get a proceedure for the airport, seems very poorly implemented right now, I hope it improves. FSX was way better in the navigation dept and that required quite a lot of fixes to get it right even then, I readjusted nearly all the VOR’s in the north west US to get them properly magnetically aligned and in synch with each other, but at least all the fixes could be seen on the gps and you could change a flight plan on the go.

Any more details?
Is it like navigraph?
Hope to hear more about it.

Thx and fly safe!

3 Likes

Been hoping to hear about it for a few months already…

1 Like

Boy I sure hope it’s like navigraph. If we could get something similar that we don’t have to pay for it would be amazing. The game currently really heavily relies on 3rd party outside charts and sources, and many of the free ones are only okay.

2 Likes

I was just about to post the same question. “Post launch” can be today or in a couple of years :slightly_smiling_face:

If it’s anything like described at their website we are in for a treat!

1 Like

I ordered Sectional and Terminal Area maps for my local area.

Microsoft should have some connection with a company that
sells maps and make that available in the game. I got them from
https://pilothq.com

I tried to order from the FAA “recommended” companies but
there was no way to do that I could find.

Why not just use digital copies from the FAA?

2 Likes

Did you try going to skyvector.com first? They have all USA sectional VFR and high and low IFR charts, Terminal charts as well as local VFR fly charts for free

5 Likes

They will be outdated in 6 months. Try FltPlanGo, and you can download any chart you want for free.

2 Likes

Don’t anyone think it is time to put some pressure on them, at least to reveal an ETA and the exact content (possibly the cost too) of this service? Navigraph is about (beta testing now) to release thei new service wich will include VFR charts too, I think NAVBLUE has no time to waste…

2 Likes

I’ve contacted them about Charts+ yesterday??? and no answer yet…

2 Likes

How do you come to the conclusion that MS will deliver charts? Any announcement or comment with a valid source? Or is just rumors and wishful thinking?

I have asked this since the beginning and haven’t get any answer, it would be such a game changer.
We should def put pressure for an answer, at least an ETA.
What are we suppose to do? Should we get Navigraph instead and call it false adverstising?

Good, I’ll contact them a soon I’ll be back at home…

If you look at the press release of the partenrship
https://www.navblue.aero/navblue-partners-with-xbox-game-studios-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

you see near the end

Realistic and accurate aerodrome and terminal procedure charts used by professional pilots across the globe will be supplied with Charts+ to allow gamers and virtual pilots to access genuine information about aviation procedures in the airports and airspace.

1 Like

indeed a valid source :smiley:
Untill then, at least for Europe you can get charts for free directly from Eurocontrol.

1 Like