NAVBLUE navigation charts

Do you know where to submit questions for the Q&A?

Itā€™s not announced yet.
I think forum Mods will make a thread here when it starts.

Today I received very kind (I must say really) answer from NavBlue that we need call Microsoft how use Charts+ in sim :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are correct, FltPlanGo and Skyvector will work right now, but consider that the info will Not be updated in the sim. So, in 2, 5, or 10 years, the current info will not match what is in the sim. So purchasing the era charts might be a good idea if the user is a real fan of a particular sim.

btw, Iā€™m one of those nerds that bought most of the U.S. sectional and TAC charts for late '03 (FS9), late '06 (FSX) and ~'18 (P3D/XP-11). :grin: :joy:

Happy flying!

Lots of times if you go to the FBO at your local airport, you can get expired charts and green books for free even.

1 Like

MyPilot.com sells Expired sectional charts for $2.95 and current sectional for $8.95. Sometimes FBOs will leave expired charts laying around for people to use for training. Depending on how many simmers there in your area, those might disappear fast ā€“ in my area, they seem to be gone at 00:01 after expirationā€¦

1 Like

In the US, Airnav.com is a great site, just put in the airport, it has frequencies, approach plated, airfield map and area sectional chartā€¦itā€™s free.

1 Like

And did you forward this answer to MS?

One of the reasons I stick with Navigraph. Other than VFR charts, NAVBLUE/Microsoft seem to be sleeping, the data is outdated (on launch) and no sign of the new cycle.

1 Like

Yes, Charts+ allows us to access genuine information., but is there anywhere an anouncement, that this will be free? I wonder about all this expectations.
Maybe I missed something?

The question is, how this can be done at all. Is there a hidden button in MFS? Is it an app running outside MFS? And if so, how to get it?
Anyway, Iā€™m also assuming that it will not be for free.

Hello,

didnā€™t still send to MS this question, Iā€™ll do this as soon, also via Zendesk. I expect now to not speculate of course, MS will give us info hope soon. If Iā€™ll have answer from MS, will post here also or post new info.

1 Like

I did it via Zendesk,

hope we can see answer soonā€¦

If I can say my opinion about access to Charts+. Of course we donā€™t know about implementation in FS now but I expect fine to have as first access via web browser to NavBlue Cloud where Charts are available, very similar as Navigraph have and I use this also. This will be perfect in my opinion. Lets seeā€¦

1 Like

Please let us know what you find out! I am really interested.

Sureā€¦

Answer will arrive hope soon.

I would love an Electronic Flight Bag, there is space to the left of the captain in the A320 for a tablet, perfect for charts!

Another user stated they contacted NAVBlue requesting charts+ and he was told to ask Microsoft about it. Sounds like itā€™s already in Microsoftā€™s hands!

I donā€™t want to sign up with Navigraph if Navblu is already built in!

In the partnership announcement for NAVBLUE they said charts+ would be coming ā€œpost launchā€. I havenā€™t seen any update since then.
https://www.flightsimulator.com/113819-2/ About half way down.

1 Like

This is meant to let them know weā€™re ready for it sooner than later. Is been ominously quiet regarding this since their announcement.

1 Like

I reached out to Navblue inquiring on worldwide airport charts and this is an excerpt of their reply:

We are supplying the nav data base as well as the data base for worldwide charts (updated every AIRAC cycle) to MS for their flight simulator game, however we have no control as to how they use this data for the game.

I understand that this data will be incorporated into the game and will remain current at all times.

There is not personal subscription option for the worldwide airport charts unfortunately.

https://store.navblue.aero/

You can visit the above link to purchase various en-route charts and supplements.

Grant Boyd

Account Manager

grant.boyd@navblue.aero

tel. +1 519 747 1170 (365)

cell. +1 226-339-8650

ā€”

NAVBLUE

295 Hagey Blvd., Suite 200

Waterloo | Ontario | N2L 6R5 ā€“ Canada

www.navblue.aero

2 Likes

Thatā€™s very strange, because on NavBlueā€™s own web site, where they announced the partnership with Microsoft, they clearly state:

NAVBLUE will provide real-world aeronautical data to Microsoft through its Navigation+ and, post launch, Charts+ services, to support the realistic experience that is the next generation ā€œMicrosoft Flight Simulatorā€ software.

Either something has changed, or the individual who wrote that reply works in the segment of NavBlue that deals with subscriptions for real-world aviation users, and is not fully aware of what arrangements may exist between the parent company and Microsoft re: MSFS.

1 Like