NAVBLUE navigation charts

I guess we will wait to see what Navblue Charts+ is all about. I would like to have access to worldwide charts (similar to what Navigraph offers via a paid subscription) so hopefully we will get that included with Charts+…

2 Likes

Yea, just a little bit of communications from MS about when they reasonably expect to fully integrate Navblue into the sim, and at least a framework of how they intend to integrate it would go a long way with us at the moment!

2 Likes

Awaiting for answers too :slight_smile:

It’s easy to miss something on this forum because topics are thrown off the first page within minutes but er… has anything been said or mentioned or hinted AT ALL lately about NAVBLUE Charts+ which should be coming…? I presume that Navigation+ is somehow implemented in the sim already… not sure really… but I’d LOVE to get my hands on some good charts because searching the internet for them is a chore… And Navigraph is (way too) too expensive for my kind of use.

So… wazzup with NAVBLUE?!?

1 Like

I don’t think they supply charts

Many approaches are missing waypoints or approaches missing altogether so I’d imagine Navblue is either working furiously to fix it, or they are keeping quiet lol

yes, they will. Only IFR

awesome…worldwide??

Hate to be repetitive but search Magnus Navigraph in YouTube to find what Navigraph offer and are planning.
You think they are going to give Navblue charts out for free? That’s another overpromised or suggested feature that will not happen.

I do no know if charts will be free or not but for sure there will be available
this is an extract from the press release:

Realistic and accurate aerodrome and terminal procedure charts used by professional pilots across the globe will be supplied with Charts+ to allow gamers and virtual pilots to access genuine information about aviation procedures in the airports and airspace.

you can read the full text here:

https://www.navblue.aero/navblue-partners-with-xbox-game-studios-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

2 Likes

yes, worldwide :slight_smile:

I was indeed asking myself that very question last week. NAVBLUE did announce several months ago that they would offer Chart+ on subscription after MSFS launch, so I was waiting for this before going with Navigraph.

The video by Navigraph CEO was a good watch, highlighting their commitment to us simmers. NAVBLUE silence shouts volumes for this community…not very high on their priorities…even a short holding announcement post launch would have kept me waiting. Instead, I decided to go with Navigraph, as they have now a beta Navdata update for MSFS that aligns it to Jeppeson data (although I have seen some oddities).

Also, they have committed to bring VFR charts to Navigraph now that a VFR platform has started to shine through!

I use NavBlue charts at work, and absolutely hate them!

I’d take any Jeppesen based product any day of the week.

1 Like

I work in a corporate flight department that is (and always will be) a Jeppesen customer. A former co-worker now flies for a part 135 company that operates on a shoestring budget and uses NB Charts+.

When the Covid crisis caused a nationwide shortage of toilet paper a few months ago, he had a great suggestion for a more appropriate use for their chart products. :smirk:

1 Like

It can’t be problem,

it takes time to be fine with them but if you see Jepp (also me from many years ago and also with MSFS versions included as some pages as example) your choice can be forever :slight_smile:

this is not the first time I hear this, but still I will wait to see with my own eyes before make a choice, at the end this is only a game and my life will not depend on them :slight_smile:

And this is Navigraph biggest selling point, it is not by chance that VFR charts will be offered at the same cost, but there is another player in the game LittleNavMap, it is free and it will use whatever navdata database you have installed in FlightSimulator be it Navblue or Navigraph…

Yes, LittleNavMaps is great, use it all the time, so I was not too fussed about the VFR stuff, but if they include it, then great.

I must say, I’m not familiar with NAVBLUE charts, so I was genuinely anticipating their involvement in MSFS following the partnership announcement.

Seeing is believing !!

There is a difference between a VFR chart, and a moving map. The VFR charts filter out and clearly mark the the common visual navaids. So that you can navigate visually without any electronic positional information.

Some may say it is redundant nowadays. That is true, considering the wide usage of moving maps in mobile devices. However, VFR charts offer great entertainment in simulation navigation. Either for extra challenge or simulating old school navigation. I highly recommend trying to complete a bush trip, only using a static VFR map.

There are extensive VFR chart resources for US, like http://vfrmap.com/, but everywhere else suffer the lack of a good centralised database. A worldwide VFR chart coverage is no small thing. I am looking forward for it, if that is what Navigraph will be providing.

Right, but LittleNavMap seem to report all this info too… or not? I just viewed some screenshot not downloaded yet, I’m wating for the release of he MSFS compatible version…

It works. Download LittleNavMap :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great!! Thank You