Navigation app for VFR flight

Hi.
I’m approaching to VFR flight but I’ve many difficults to pinpoint exactly where my plane (and me) is in a precise moment of the flight.
I’m looking for anything like a navigation app for the car (Tom Tom, google map, and so on…)
Any idea?
Thanks in advance

I would suggest a Navigraph subscription as they now have VFR sectionals. Also connects to the sim via Simconnect and shows your position moving maps.

As a bonus you can also get the updated Airacs.

3 Likes

I always run little navmap alongside the sim.
On occasion, I open the onboard VFR map as well.

3 Likes

This is my constant companion on my second monitor!

3 Likes

I generally fly out of my local GA airport so I downloaded the Visual Terminal Chart for Adelaide and find the sim amazingly accurate in regards to the landmarks noted as a reference for you to know where you are as you are leaving or entering Parafield Airport airspace. I can now easily fly in and out of the airport and fly to various local fields whilst still staying out of Edinburgh Military and Adelaide Airport Airspace, which I find satisfying as I try to use the sim as if it was real life. My point being is that if you are flying VFR, using visual references should be a big part of what you are doing, to know where you are and this wasn’t really possible in past versions of the sim as the scenery was to generic.

1 Like

LittleNavMap is free and will do everything that you need. Just need a little time to get used to it.

2 Likes

Little nav map and download the correct Terminal Area Charts from the FAA webpage for where you will be flying. Set LNM to use Open Street Map. Once you are confident you can turn off your plane icon and breadcrumb trail and really challege yourself to fly strictly visual.

3 Likes

May I suggest the (free) GTFP.

Try “Sky4Sim Ng” or “fs-base-ingamepanels-vfrmap-enhanced”.
Or maybe when you want to fly in VR, FSKneebord …

Happy VFR fly’ing.

I’ve tried it and works fine for my needs . Using it is almost impossible to get lost.
Thanks to all reply.

2 Likes