Navigraph acquires Simbrief

That is not what I said. Note the word ‘partially’.

Try reading my post again without inferring. It can be easy to misread or infer if the wanted/expected like-mindeness or praise is not evident.

I agree that it might change in the future. Time will tell. But it doesn’t need to remain unchanged for me or my family members because of the still current Navigraph subscriptions.
I try not to be selfish and prefer to think about the millions of Xboxers and kids that will join our community soon. I want the Simbrief services to be free for them.

I have not seen a single post in this thread that give consideration to young simmers who can’t afford the Navigraph subscription charges.

Those people can already use SimBrief for free without charge and scrounge up free charts. That literally already happens, and will continue to happen. Or they can just save their pennies, because the subscription fee is not very large compared to other entertainment costs.

Please stop saying the same thing over and over again pretending that we don’t understand you.

1 Like

VFR charts is a planned feature for Navigraph. It was mentioned in one of their videos.

1 Like

I’m aware, I mentioned their recent survey and plans to do it earlier on the thread. Looking forward to it!

Fair enough, so just to be clear, you find that simbrief makes navigraph partially superfolous to you personally, but not to everyone?

I agree with your sentiment in the above quote regarding your personal requirements, but for my flight planning, where I import my simbrief plan into navigraph, the overlap is helpful, not superflous.

I could imagine navigraph merging their own flight planner with simbrief’s so that they become one thing across both platforms. So no more importing plans from simbrief, because simbrief is now part of navigraph. Which would be wonderfully streamlined!

Also, do you mean that you do currently subscribe to navigraph?

And simbrief is still free, so Xbox players and kids do have that which is good, right? And free charts are available online? You just have to pay for current real world data and an all-in-one-place service. And FS2020 might get charts in-sim in the future which would be great, but no eta on that yet… (unless they will count navigraph integration as mission accomplished of course!)

On that note, did FS team say that charts would be free? Or just that there would be charts? I genuinely can’t remember what they’ve discussed…

Anyway, I’m just trying to understand the point you are trying to make @VeryOldPilot.

2 Likes

At least this forum lets you ignore users. I’d recommend it. Life’s too short to deal with people who just want to argue without listening, lol.

3 Likes

Oh! I had literally not found that feature. Thanks, I’ll look for it.

For future reference, hover mouse over someone’s username and it shows a popup; click on the thing to view their “badges” (I think it says “more”). On the new web page, in the upper-right corner there’s a selection box that says “Normal”. You can change it to “Muted” or “Ignored”, then set a time limit or indefinite.

2 Likes

The only thing I see is that Navigraph is still in Beta for MSFS and that I paid a full price for 1 year subscription without knowing when the Beta is over.

I am 100% certain that we will see a subscription including the full usage of all SimBrief-functions in the future and a “light” version of it for free.

That´s how third party devs will squeeze out the FS-Community in the future. Everything is a so called “service” and everything needs a subscription.

1 Like

@Follhorst what do you mean about the FS2020 beta? Are you talking about the current beta client to import airac nav data into fs2020? Have you had problems with it?

I’m sorry you feel that way about 3rd party devs, it will be a sad day if you are right about that…

Again and again and again … I guess someone knows more than we do. SimBrief will be stay as it is … free of charge. SimBrief has two modes - a freeware mode, where you can use all features as the subscription mode but only with an default (outdated) AIRAC cycle … and an subscription mode, where you can unlock the current/effective AIRAC cycle. These two modes are be still in place … no changes to the past. No changes!!!

Why is the MSFS still beta? Simple, because the SDK isn´t fully available for this part of chances and when we release a product, what you´re paid for, we must be 100% sure, that this product is working and fully aligned with the technical documentation. That´s the reason, why the MSFS beta is still beta …

But as @CroppingPoem113 asked:
When you have any issue, please report it in our forum. We try to fix it all, when this is really an navdata issue. What we see is, that the beta is very, very stable and you see this on the revision numbers each cycle which decrease since 2 months. But again, the technical specifications are still missing and therefore we can´t go “life” at the moment.

Cheers,
Richard

6 Likes

Why ist’s still BETA?

Currently, even with Navigraph data STAR and ILS approaches are still messed up. See here:

MSFS struggling with STAR APPR (for example LIRQ) - MSFS Navdata Beta / SID/STAR/APPR - Navigraph

“What I highly recommend is the WorkingTitle CJ4 mod. The guys there, uses not the in-game flightmanagement, they have written their own and here, you will see that nearly all procedures are working as expected. Again, all other in-game default aircrafts, also the Garmins doesn´t work very well due the bad and also confirmed logic by ASOBO. So there is a lot of space on improvements for ASOBO.”

WMKP ILS is offset from centerline, it’s localizer coordinates seem wrong - MSFS Navdata Beta / ILS - Navigraph

Offset (ILS / LDA) Approach Issues - Bugs & Issues / Airports - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

The problems seem to be mainly on the MSFS side. I have decided not to subscribe until Navigraph and Asobo have solved the issues. :roll_eyes:

1. STAR/IAP issue:
    Navigraph can´t do anything here - this is an internal issue in the MSFS and data independent, means the same happens with the stock data. Can only be fixed by ASOBO. This was reported by us via the 3rd Party Dev forum, and was still confirmed by ASOBO.

2. WMKP ILS offset:
    When you compare the AIP Malaysia you will see, that the localizer coordinates are the same as we have (and also the stock data) in the files. So, this is a real-world issue than a navdata issue on our side

3. ILS/LDA courses:
    We use the real-world course for the ILS/LDA approaches, which means our data are correct. When you read the posting you will see this confirmation from many user. The issue is here again more a deeper issue in the MSFS - the only thing what we can offer are the correct data. For the logic behind, we have no influence.

Sorry, but in all these three cases, we can´t do more … and there are a lot of more technical issues (like that all airport-reference-points are random and don´t corresponding the real-world ARP, transition identifier are missing from the SDK - so you can´t set it, …).

Cheers,
Richard

5 Likes

Thank you again @NAVData Richard for your clear communication, this is another reason I am very happy to subscribe to navigraph when the customer service is this good!

So to reiterate yet again;

• There are NO PLANS for the current free of charge aspects of simbrief to cease being a free service.
  • navigraph are actively developing their services and software as fast as FS2020 and the SDK will allow.
  • Navigraph’s acquisition of SimBrief seems like a logical and positive step for both services, who have already been collaborating closely for a while now.

As I said in my first post, I think this is wonderful news and I am very excited for what the future holds. :grin:

4 Likes

I use both so no real dramas.

2 Likes

Excuse me - when I´m right I have to pay for being part of the “Beta”, right? I might be wrong but I remember that there´s a subscription needed (for the full price) to use Navigraph-Data on MSFS. When I am wrong please correct me.

So what you are saying is: The Beta is Beta because Asobo didn´t deliver, and you charge a full price.

I hope that I am wrong.

Yes you’re wrong and you don’t need to excuse you. I have no idea what subscription you have, but in both variants you don’t pay for the MSFS update only.

In the Ultimate, the charts are included and in the DataOnly you have access to over 120 different addons for all sims, SimBrief, …

You never pay for only one specific dataset. You pay for the service. Hope that makes it clearer now …

Cheers
Richard

6 Likes

You do understand that you don’t have to subscribe to navigraph, don’t you? You have free choice as to where you spend your money?

And what makes you think navigraph should be providing the data to you for free or at a discount, beta or not…?

Current AIRAC data. is. not. free…

Plus they are being limited by the FS2020 SDK, so they are providing the best service they can within the current parameters.

You have a simple choice. Pay your money for navigraph and get the nav data beta, or… don’t…

7 Likes

So who is wrong?

It has been established that you must be a navigraph subscriber to participate in the FS2020 Nav Data beta. You are right about that.

Please explain what your issue is with this?

3 Likes

Hi @specialsk,
I have moved your topic into #third-party-addon-discussion:tools-utilities as that area is for discussion of 3rd Party. Thank you!