Navigraph Beta testing NavData

I am happy to report that I have just installed the Navigraph Beta testing patch, which add lots of stuff missing from the simm , I was able to install it and I had no issues with it, although I read some problems in their forum.
I enclose their email info here:

(Quote}
In order to help with beta testing, we kindly ask you to download a client software which will update some files in your FS2020. (Don’t worry - the client software also has a revert function so your simulator can be put back to its original state after testing it you like.) Log in using your Navigraph account. You need an active Navigraph Ultimate or FMS Data subscription for it to work.

Download from here!

We want you to run the client software, let it update some files on your FS2020, then launch your simulator and go fly.

What to Expect

First of all, you should expect a client software running reasonably well. If you encounter any issues, or want to provide user feedback, please post in our beta forum.

Secondly, when the client software has updated FS2020, you can expect changes to the navigational data:

• Missing airports have been added (e.g. EDDS and ZBAD)
  • Missing procedures have been added (e.g. ILS 16 at LIRF)
  • Missing navaids have been added
  • Additional VFR waypoints have been added

More specifically:

• 7,760 VHF Navaids have been updated
  • 3,327 NDB Navaids have been updated
  • 70,944 Enroute Waypoints have been updated
  • 1,303 Markers have been updated
  • 13,166 Airports have been updated (including COM frequencies, runways, ILS, terminal waypoints, terminal NDBs, and terminal procedures)

What Not to Expect

This navdata update service from Navigraph only updates the navigational data. To some extent the simulator will attempt to redraw the visual scenery, but this update will not affect buildings, aprons, taxiways, landmarks, geography or anything visual that, for example, a scenery developer would work with.

Known Current Limitations

In addition, we currently exclude the following items (meaning we leave the default data untouched), but expect to add when possible:

• airways and ATC boundaries
  • airports with a longitude >= 161 degrees
  • all MilTacans
  • all Com frequencies < 118 MHz

The installer app also has a few known limitations:

• it’s not possible to sign out - to reset app delete folder %appdata%\navigraph-desktop
  • the app can be started multiple times
  • the application sometimes does not quit properly after having been started multiple times
  • if the sim is running the installation/uninstallation will fail

Supporting Scenery Developers

We have the possibility to add historic data too, like VHHX, but will wait to do so until scenery developers have moved some buildings out of the way. Our intention is to work closely with all scenery developers to provide a solid foundation for every visual built on top of our navdata.

Reporting Feedback

Please report any findings in our beta forum. If you like the service, we appreciate it if you spread the word. How about posting a screenshot on social media using hashtags #microsoftflightsimulator and #navigraph?

Then What?

The client software has an automatic update function and will keep updating itself with improved versions of both client software and data as the bugs are being reported to us.

{End of Quote)

3 Likes

There is already Topic created for this Beta test so if you can, post your infos there.

@OMICO4146
This one Navigraph Navdata Update Service BETA started?
Or do you have a better advice??

1 Like

This subject is closely related to Airports where I originally posted the article. I does not hurt to have the same crucial information in more than one place, since you are not paying for the storage, your complain is a bit picky. Besides there is a ton of subjects repeated in several places, this could also apply to Sceneries for instance.

For Info, I installed the Navigraph beta soft, no way to start it after that it is installing again ???

Once you install it, there is nothing to start, the NavData is embedded in the simm files, you will only know that is working by flying to an airport that was missing in MS database like Malaga for instance.

OK thanks for your help

I want to try it but I am skeptical about the following…

“This navdata update service from Navigraph only updates the navigational data. To some extent the simulator will attempt to redraw the visual scenery, but this update will not affect buildings, aprons, taxiways, landmarks, geography or anything visual that, for example, a scenery developer would work with.”

What does it mean that the simulator will attempt to redraw visual scenery!?!

Pls be kind understand or read Navigraph site what Navigraph do,

on other side you need for sure check f.ex. your country aiports and other NAV facilities to be correct as need to be. I don’t expect important reason that we all need check Malaga or other airports on request, this can be effort of all also but better is check your regional objects. This can be more effective in my opinion. Bugs what I discovered aren’t only NAV depended so be careful to be precise with test as you can.