Navigraph on XBOX

This is a shout-out / request to navigraph. Any chance you pushing your integration onto XBOX? I have charts on iPad, but it would be nice to have this in the game.

2 Likes

I think this is going to be difficult, with how the marketplace DRM encryption works and its update pace. On best scenario, they’ll have one in the marketplace for Xbox, but as soon as the AIRAC cycle comes out, it would need to wait for another 2-4 weeks or so for the marketplace addon to be updated, by that time a new AIRAC cycle would have been published. And we’ll have to play catch-up all the time.

1 Like

As Neo4316 said the updates on marketplace takes about a month or even longer, it could take 2 months. Airac cycles update every 28 days (right?) so it’s just not possible.

There is a second aspect. Navigraph also provides the moving map capability. This will never happen on Xbox unless MS opens up their currently closed system. There was already an official statement on this and a big thread about this here.

Everything that needs an external connection or external software won’t work on Xbox currently.

Navdata should be possible but it’s time sensitive and it takes a couple of weeks to update in the marketplace.

The marketplace needs a system like steam where a developer can push an update at any time. As long as Microsoft is sitting on their approval process you won’t see Navigraph.

One of the biggest jokes of WU6 was the “airac 2108 is now available” and 3 days later it was already outdated.

The marketplace is going to have to change, I am sure MS and Asobo know this and are working on it. Just because they are not saying anything, does not mean they are not doing anything.
If they don’t know we’ll… Asobo and MS work on your Marketplace :grin:

1 Like

this should not be a problem as they already have this figured out on other market places. I have charts on IOS and it gets the updates as soon as Navigraph publishes them. Changes to the application, yes that could take time, however i would expect data feeds to be seamless. If they are not, MS is tiring itself in redtape nots here. I can’t believe that could be that naive.

It’s certainly possible, it just might be late all the time.

Hi Folks - this is more of a feature request, which really should go directly to Navigraph (and not here on the boards), per the pinned notices in the Third Party Subforums. Navigraph does a good job of monitoring the board, but this is a formal request, and thus constitutes a Customer Inquiry and cannot be supported here.