Navlog altitude change

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no
i can no longer change the altitude in navlog for random departure point

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

if i do a random departure point of say 20 miles from any airport in an airliner the altidude in navlog wont change. this seems to be after the 40th anniversary updater as i was able to do this before

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

set departure at essex coast for landing at heathrow at 15000 ft and it reverts to 38000 ft

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

No

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I’ve tried to replicate this issue several times from roughly the same area (off the Essex coast with landing at Heathrow, at the same altitude as OP’s). I tried VFR direct, and IFR high/low, and was able to change the starting altitude in the NAVLOG without issues, and without it reverting to something other than what I set. I tested with the A320 NEO. Not sure what other variables to try.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi. I tried again yesterday and still had the same problem. I flew a couple of random departures in the US and Europe all started at 39k feet grrrr.
Also tried short flight in 320nx from jersey to SEN. with same issue.
I set up a flight go to navlog hit backspace on the altitude and it reverts back to the same altitude.
Thanks for trying this. I am kind of thinking that maybe the next sim update could possibly resolve it.
I have the same problem if I take my addons out of community folder too.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Things like that drive me crazy! I’ll keep trying some different variables and see if I can help figure it out. Otherwise, in the mean time, you might want to submit a zendesk report and see if they can resolve it.
Regards

Rather than using backspace, try putting the cursor on the left side of the number and deleting the numbers. It will set to zero after you delete a few of them, and then you should be able to type in whatever starting altitude you want (and have it stay, hopefully!).
Regards

Hi Habu that sounds so simple even I can do that and why didn’t I think of it. I’m away on hols at the moment but will try as soon as I’m back on the 13th and let you know if it works. I will also be trying to work out why I now have a faintly flickering screen after installing the new avionics update grrrrrrrrrrr. It seems I spend more time trying to get this sim running right than actually flying.
Thanks so much for your efforts on this I’m very grateful.

1 Like

Hi Habu. Pure genius sir. It seems to have worked. I only got home at midnight so I’m not going to spend hours trying it today but I’m free tomorrow and will give it a good workout then but I felt it only right to let you know the potential good news as you had given me your time.

1 Like

Hi Habu. All is good I flew quite a few different approaches to different airports in various aircraft and it works a treat. Thanks again for your time and efforts. I also sorted my shimmering screen which was a gsync issue.

1 Like