Need help with 2 VR issued

Hello simmers,

Can anyone help with the following two issues:

1. Once in VR, how can I stop the inadvertant clicking of a desktop icon that disrupts the VR session (i.e clicking show desktop icon or notification tab). I have my taskbar currently at auto-hide but I still manage to click desktop icons while navigating (with mouse) in the virtual cockpit.

2. What causes eye movement in VR? If I stare straight at the windscreen, the eye movement still shifts gradually (sometimes more than gradual). I have deactivated motion projection and it still does it, whether I use Open XR Toolkit or not. This seems to have worsened in the last few days.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Currently using Aircraft & Avionics I Beta.

I found that when MSFS is in windowed mode I had all kinds of “click” issues. Using full screen solved that problem. Moving around in the cockpit is something that I get too. Not often and usually with stuttering issues so I’m thinking it’s related to CPU/GPU performance

Hard to help with question #2, without knowing the headset model you use.

Thanks for the replies! I’m using a G2 from HP.

Regarding question #2:
Looks like you have some tracking issues.
Check following:
If you have enough light in the room to let G2 tracking cameras work properly.
Consider resetting WMR environment settings (there are many entries on this forum explaining this).
Use OXR Toolkit, study it’s manual, there is an option in this tool, allowing dampening unwanted head motion.

1 Like

Thanks stekusteku - I will research your suggestions.

Just to let you know biggtp, full screen didn’t work for me - but thanks nonethe less!

1 Like

If you go to full screen, not windowed mode (setting in the sim or Alt-Enter), the taskbar, minimize and close buttons are invisible, so you can’t accidentally click them.

This works for issue #1! Now onto #2, thanks again!

G2 user here. Just emphasizing these two things as well: enough light in the room and use “Shaking Reduction” in OpenXR toolkit, it makes all the difference.

Apply my three advices, if it doesn’t work - report what you did exactly following them. Then we may be able to continue helping you.

Just to add 2 cents; the same happens with the Quest 2 if there’s not enough light to support smooth head-tracking. Drove me nuts for a while until I realised VR simming in a dark room was causing my problems. Turn up the lights and all was good. :joy:

Update: both issues resolved:

• Full Screen mode fixed the inadvertant clicks-to-desktop
  • Resetting WMR environment settings resolved twitching-eye view

Again, I cannot thank you guys enough!

2 Likes