Network Bandwidth issues - becoming more and more prevalent

Up until a month ago I had ZERO bandwidth related problems with MSFS. Also ZERO issues with MSFS Updates or CTD’s .

Now it 3 -4 times every flight. My Internet is fine - 70mb connection , no issues with other other streaming entities at all. Community folder or not. I have no anti-virus or backups or similar tasks running in the background. PC is I-9 / 32gb ram / Nvidia GTX-1080Ti - gigabit ethernet… more than enough. My Internet bandwidth is stable.

I lose Azure voices, photogrammetry, and now starting to be put in Off-Line mode. Why?

A lot of times after getting the warnings, those features start working with no message.

This must be a server side issue. I read some users are getting this like me, others are apparently impervious. I’m always connected to the USA West Coast Server. Do we suddenly have too many users on this connection maybe?

Any suggestions welcome… thanks.

4 Likes

Yes, these are frequent and I presume issues they are well aware of. If not, then they don’t use their product.

1 Like

Moved to #self-service:online-services-activities

I sure hope they pay attention to this one.

1 Like

This is bugging me too. After the beta of WU8 I needed to reinstall the whole sim and noticed rediculous low download speeds. With the help of several tips on network settings I managed to get acceptable download speeds but still way off what my fiber connection can handle.
When flying I see melted buildings and checking my internet usage I see low streaming speed?

1 Like

Yes, I have seen a lot of server issues lately. Very often other people disappear from the sky and later appear some minutes later.

No error message is given when that happens. I do a decent amount of group flights, so I encounter it often.

Started about the same time as the update, but I don’t know if it’s update related, or server issues.

2 Likes

Its been happening well before su8 for alot of people. I get it from time to time, I’ll even have performance meter running on the other machine and see that Im getting 60mbps down, yet the sim says you dont have the bandwidth blah blah blah.

Remember you are on a world wide network, it could be your network connection to your ISP, it could be something inside your ISP’s network having issues, it could be azure network is under some sort of a cyber attack, it could be that MSFS cant handle the load. Take your pick. Oh I forgot this one, if you now have or have ever used the google maps addon, then your hosts file for windows needs to be corrected.

If you have 127.0.0.1 assigned to anything other then localhost remove the entries, save the file and restart you network and all will be back to normal. This issue has happened to a great portion of the people with this issue.

There is already a mega-thread about this issue I suggest you find that one and see what others have done to fix it or at least identify it…

Thanks all…! I love this community!

that HOSTS file tip was good too, I have been trying the Google maps, but I checked and its ok.

Seems I’m obviously not alone here… hopefully MS and Asobo will find this annoying bug!

1 Like

I got the low bandwidth thing today…I have gigabit internet :neutral_face: It gave me the option to ignore it or to turn off photogrammetry. I ignored it and it was back online within a few seconds.

1 Like

Interesting… Used to use Google maps, but haven’t in a while… Can you link the mega-thread?

I’m certain it’s server side. I’ve seen it rarely, and I have ~600mbit broadband. I assume the server has issues keeping up with the sims demands, but the sim doesn’t know this, only that it doesn’t have the connectivity it expects, so up pops the warning.

1 Like

Dont remember what thread to lazy to search for it. But heres the thing all you have to do is find your windows hosts file it should look like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost

Thats it if anything else is assigned to 127.0.0.1 you need to delete the entires save the file and restart windows. This will fix the google maps error. If you want more info just search for google maps in the forums.

Thanks will try this tonight and see I can see any difference. I know most people will comment on FPS, but I fly by sight and feel, so I don’t care about FPS as long as everything looks and feels smooth. :slight_smile: Thanks for the help.

You don’t need to restart windows for changes to the hosts file to take effect. It is queried before DNS, and the changes are immediate.

one example :slight_smile: … these google-maps add-on is a common trouble maker and mentioned yery often in forum in meanwhile.

The Google Maps mod actually resets the HOSTS file back to default when you turn it off… at least it did for me. But still worth checking to be sure.

yep… there is also a uninstaller… but most users removed the mod manually ( just as usually ) and so a hacked hosts file was leaved.

1 Like

Those two sentences contradict each other.

If it were a server side issue, everybody would get it.
This is not the same as it’s on your side, mind you, only that it happens somewhere between the client on your computer and the server.

Got the update this morning no problem, restarted the sim started the benchmark flight, as soon as my wheels leave the runway, you do not have the bandwidth msg, and Im switched offline. Now I have performance monitor running on the other display and its showing a pretty constant 80mbps.

So server issue / Azure issue … oh the time was 600 am eastern. And once I switched back to online mode, and reloaded the PG it ran at 16fps where it usually runs at 20FPS who knows, where the hell is the XP beta already…

I have had issues since SU5, never installed the Googlemap. It’s getting more and more frequent and more severe now (like switch to offline mode without any possibilities to revert back to online mode). This is getting really annoying and really is becoming an issue for playing that sim. I have no issue with my internet, I have a 1Gb solid connection and still have these low bandwidth messages. Come on Asobo, solve this problem!!!