Network Bandwidth issues - becoming more and more prevalent

i wonder what the real problem here is, the vast majority of users dont have that issue.
maybe it is linked to a certain provider.
with every update we see users with slow download and users that go blazingly fast.
i doubt if this is a server issue, but who knows.

1 Like

note: he reported that its whole pc lost connection in parallel topic:

so… yes… at least not allways one of it :wink:

Ok, is anyone else having issues at the moment? I’ve updated to SU9, and I keep getting this low bandwidth issue (never mind I’m on a 1GB fibre line, over LAN)… Frustrating! :frowning:

1 Like

It’s the day the update comes out. I would guess that the content servers are being hammered at the moment.

Tonight after update 9, the game disconnected and reconnected mid-flight, and suddenly all the scenery over Utah was gone and replaced by water. Never happened before the update today; if it disconnected and reconnected, I never lost scenery. Is this a new problem???

I solved it by using TCP Optimizer …something had changed some values on windows in the last weeks… after using TCP Optimizer it works fine and smooth so far

Can someone confirm this using “tcp optimizer”? I´ts annoying and pointing to user who has enough bandwith/good connection is not ok.

No, for sure this can also bottleneck on server who throttles/limits connection on cloud (not unusual to limit a guaranteed delivery) , and most have luck and some not getting in a overloaded an thus blocked area.

sounds like the next placebo…

Getting it every time I play too. :rage:

Last three days it kept disconnecting, reconnecting, disconnecting, turning off bing Maps.

1 Like

Every update launched by flightsim i get worried theres always problems but im shore they will iron out these problems soon i hope :worried: :worried: :airplane: :airplane:

Yeah, been getting this a lot recently; every flight in fact. Intermittent connection issues and then eventually Bing Maps connection is turned off.

I want to run a ping plotter to the server; does anyone know the IP used?

It depends on where your connecting from. Open windows task manager, click on the flightsimulator.exe process then open the resource monitor (bottom left of TM page) and open it, the select the interface your connected with eth0 or wlan. Here you will see where your connection to MS servers, theres more then one connection for MSFS so you’ll have to test them individually to get a real idea of what might be going on.

You can go here and check the overall of your connection as well: Bufferbloat Test by Waveform
This will indicate the latency of the connection.

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase sort this out MS !!!

2 Likes

i just got from 150 mbits to 3 mbits in msfs content manager whats the problem same wifi same network ■■■■ why so slow have they mess with this

it still jump now i got 200 mbits and not again 3 mbits