New Geforce driver finally fixes stuttering in VR!

Thanks for checking.
Can you share your setting in Nvidia? or default?

Hags on/off
Game mode on/off

5600X, 3070, 32GB
Medium settings, TAA100/OXR60

No noticeable improvement coming from 466. 466 has already been a slight improvement over the old and trusty 457.30, so it’s not a surprise that people coming directly from 457 see an improvement with 471.

TAA100/OXR70. I’m away from my PC for a few days but I did make some monitor changes based off recommendations in this VR sub forum.

HAGS and Game Mode are off. I do have VT-x enabled in BIOS as I mess around with virtual machines all the time.

Just a word of warning for those of you with Gigabyte Aourus monitors. I tried the 477.11 driver and found it doesn’t detect the monitor correctly afterwards and only gives me the option for 640 x 480 resolution instead of the normal 2560 x 1440 for my model.
Tried a fresh install after removing with DDU as well and it’s still the same. Had to go back to the previous driver to fix it.

i9 9900ks 2080Ti 32Gb DDR4 NVMe SSD - also coming direct from 457.30. It’s been a decent boost for me from default NVidia settings…yes, I know I probably need to tinker there :slightly_smiling_face:

No improvement on my end.

After trying last night with tweaking all the usual suspects for nvidia settings I went back to default. This appeared to give me the better result.

The only things I did commit a change to in nv settings was power management and texture quality to high performance.

Hags on game mode off . On a quest 2, 3070 card with a msfs store version I’m very happy with this version and is the stand out driver over previous releases.

There was a Windows update and Nvidia update waiting this morning.

Installed both, rebooted. Flew from KMDW to KEWR, best performance since things broke.

Fixed my FR issues. Back in business.

GTX 1660

1 Like

I don’t know the reason for the improvement, but I have seen notably better performance today with one exception, LA. I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll ever experience an entirely stutter-free arrival or departure there. I have a 2080 Super, and I fly strictly VR.

Huge boost for 3080. Stutters are nearly gone. Needs to have HAGS ON or there will otherwise be still sutters.

no difference on my 2070Super, if anything a slight loss in performance but barely noticeable (benchmarks). Will have a fly today and see if anything is smoother visually.

slightly lower average FPS but nothing to worry about, smoothness practically the same as before. Only hope I have (for me and my card) is the SU5 improvements + DX12, one of these or both may help much more. For now though it’s just about alright.

I thought the performance was really solid too. Anyone else like the shimmering of buildings and trees has increased a lot though?

HAGS enabled or disabled? Have the same GPU, that’s why I’m asking. :slight_smile:

Mine is off, haven’t tested with on.

1 Like

You meant 471.11, of course. :slightly_smiling_face:

Experiment failed!

Cost me roughly 10% or 4 fps.

Uninstall the windows update and the driver give me the frames almost back, around 38fps oversea@3500ft before to around 36-37fps all the same now. Wondering where the missing frame is left :thinking:.

With the updates fps drops to 32-34fps.

8600k@4900Mhz, 3090@1905Mhz, 32 GB, G2, OXR100/RR100/TAA

Tried Hags also. Result:

Hags on: CTD, CTD, CTD…
Hags off: flying, flying, flying…

When was this driver update released? Been suffering with the stutters and about to give up on MSFS VR.

Interesting - there seems to be opposite results with HAGS. Some people say that HAGS on kill their performance and others are saying HAGS off generate bad stutters (although I guess maybe the ones reporting about performance are looking at fps only and the ones reporting stutters are more focused on this than fps maybe? I care about stutters, so I guess it’s most likely HAGS on for me even if it means less fps)

From what I have seen on different threads the 20 series don’t appear to benefit from Hags on but the 30 series do.

@sehnsedahamses which windows update component did U uninstall.

1 Like