New helicopters oscillating wildly

Why are trolls using msfs forums in the first place? That should never be here. I’m amazed by the amount of trolls that was using this and having problems with the comments here.

Hummm, i turned to Legacy & back to Modern and other few things like restart … and guess what … it works.

a kind of Magic ?

@ASOBO : i was in the Beta when loaded 40th version.
@ASOBO : stll have message of Network disconnection from MSFS and good ping with no error…
@ASOBO : Helos are nice ++ when it works !!!

Yeah, I’m getting disconnect and connected again every few minutes too. Guess their servers can’t cope with the load.

Helicopters are a joke i’m an experienced helicopter pilot i’m having no issues with yaw and pedals but cyclic seems very un responsive the key is small inputs but small inputs having no effect and will routinely swing from forward to backwards with the stick forwards. collective doesn’t seem right either it doesn’t feel ike your biting blades and has no effect on forward motion and it should as the increased friction will actually slow you down

I tried switching to Legacy and helicopters work as expected, but going back to Modern brings back the wobbliness. How weird.
I’m on Xbox Series S via Game Pass.

EDIT: actually, it doesn’t seem to work for me. I also tried disabling “assisted sensitivity”, turning off the controller, and choosing the new helicopter setting for my Hotas One. Oh well :slight_smile: I’ll wait for a bugfix

So I’m wondering why Asobo hasn’t integrated the function, in contrast to every heli simulation I know of.

With spring-centered sticks, trim the copter, hold the button, and move the stick back to center. With the FFB, on the other hand, you use it like in real life.

You have to remember that how responsive the cyclic is, is directly related to your joystick.

So if, like me, you want quicker responses then increase the sensitivity of the lat/long cyclic controls.

I currently have mine increased 25% at the moment, and can fly perfectly with very small inputs holding stick with thumb and fingers.

… I may increase some more but still testing right now.

Maybe this could help…

1 Like

quite the opposite i have dialled the sensitivities right down did manage to fly formation with a tiger moth last night which was quite fun

1 Like

Thrustmaster: Warthog Joystick

May be, in case of problems in “slow range” , hovering, etc… the sensitifity can reduced more.

With the “increasement” users need again a much more sensitive movements on joystick, may not best choice in special in first tries with helicopters.

1 Like

So today I was able to fix my problem with the oscillation and now I can fly the helicopters. I did a few steps at once, not sure which one of them did the trick. At first I toggled through the flight models and their variations (modern/legacy and then fsx/realistic) but this did not work. Then I mapped the tail rotor axis to my joystick Z-axis (twist motion) and added collective axis to my throttle axis. This also did not change much so I removed these additional bindings leaving just the throttle axis the way it was before and removing tail rotor axis binding. The last thing I did was resetting my joystick with a set of button press combination I found (I’m using Logitech X56 hotas). All of the above together resulted in a smooth helicopter flight and now I can enjoy the new update 100%. Thanks for the ideas everyone!

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

YES

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Indeed, even with the two new helicopter assistance option checked, without gamepad (so not a gamepad problem), if I press F3 to take a little altitude (with no wind for meteo) the helicopters (the two standards) are oscillating a lot and crash . I have no fps problem.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

ok increased sensitivities to 25 completely contrary to what i would have thought and oh what a difference this was much closer to what i’m used to
im guessing in reducing sensitivity to stop over correction i inadvertently reduced inputs to much to counteract the movement

1 Like

SOLVED! As othe rposters have already found out, you nee dot go to GENERAL OPTIONS → FLIGHT MODEL and swithc it to the LEGACY Model and the REALITIC preset. fly a bit and it should be ok now, then you can switch back to the modern model.

2 Likes

but again the warning: the target flight-model should be “modern”. The solution was switch it back and forth. Not that users come in some days with other strange issues, and thats are related to the old “legacy” model :wink:

Had the same issue, but can confirm that in Flight Model switch to Legacy Mode and Realistic start a flight, then back to main menu switch back to Modern, and after that the helicopters work like a charm!

1 Like

Thank you! I too, was one of the unfortunate few who had this bug . To make it worse, my first attempt with a helicopter was in VR!!! Talk about motion sickness!!

I tried so many things over 2 days. I can confirm that this works. personally, I switched from [modern] to [legacy-realistic] as posted here, exited the game and restarted. Switched back from [legacy] to [modern]. And cheered for finally having the beautiful flying helicopters all the normal people were raving about!!

What I am curious about is what do all these seemingly random PCs have in common that got hit with this bug??

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Oh holy cow! That makes a differnece of night an day! Thank you!

This is exactly what I had to do and it worked perfectly!

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Happens with Logitech extreme 3d

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I’ve been dealing with the exact same issues for three days on Helos with the update. Have major issues now I didn’t have pre update with the H145. And I’ve been flying it for a month.

Same issue - crazy lack of control on takeoff until it rolls and crashes.