New MSFS 2020 - Cessna L-19 Bird Dog to be released today

I just did my first water landing in the L-19 and found that although my water rudders were functional, the were not visually animated. This is after update 1.03.0.

They haven’t modelled water interactions yet, or haven’t included it yet anyway.

By “they” I assume you mean Asobo, not BBS, correct? :wink:

1 Like

yes, Asobo :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish I had the chance to review this Aircraft, I recently was given a review copy of the Carenado Cessna 182 and have to say I dont get it why it was receiving so many bad reviews, I actually love the aircraft and all its handy functions. And now seeing so many bad reviews of this one, come on its crazy. We are talking about a brand new sim, cant expect developers to get everything right in 1 go. Give them time for updates. As a big Cessna fan I love the 182 and am using it a lot now and am still working on making a cross country expanded review video of it for Carenado, would have loved to do the same with this one as im sure it’s a great aircraft. Again give the developer time to work on updates as time progresses. Best of luck to all the devs out there, dont let crazy negative reviews take you down and keep on working on your products. To even have a working aicraft out so soon in a brand new sim is impressive to begin with.

2 Likes

Its clear this plane was nothing but a cash grab,The developer;'s reactions to someone giving them feedback on how to improve the plane makes me wanna stay clear of them. Save your money people, or buy the Carenado Mooney Ovation or even their Cessna 182 that was updated.

2 Likes

I wish I had the chance to review this Aircraft, I recently was given a review copy of the Carenado Cessna 182 and have to say … … would have loved to do the same with this one as im sure it’s a great aircraft.

I’m not sure why you wouldn’t have the chance to review this aircraft.

It’s for sale on BlackBox Simulations website. purchase and install were convenient and easy.

2 Likes

I am definitely more in the casual audience. That said, I still think it’s a joy to fly due to its versatility and ease.

2 Likes

Well, I’m happy with this plane, it’s first with floats and flies nicely and support seems very good at the moment.
Is it their purpose to gain money selling these?
By the way, I own Mooney too, but am enjoying this ’bird dog’ more at the moment.:slightly_smiling_face:

-eelis-

1 Like

How do you completely remove this mod from MSFS? There is no uninstaller.

Just delete the folder from community it’s in one of the 2 folders I think it’s the official folder.

It is in the user added-to community folder, not the official one. The folder name in mine is “bbs-aircraft-l19”

For your perusal :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I just downloaded and flew around. Looks nice.
Thanks
Mark
[I opened the window in Antarctica, maybe not wise]

1 Like

Thank you, Graham! Great work!

2 Likes

I just want to say kudos to Black Box… This shows they actually listened to recent feedback and constructive criticism. For what it’s worth, they have provided more updates and improvements to this aircraft than for any of the other 3 aircraft out for MSFS thus far by any of the other companies (2 aircraft from Carenado and 1 from BT Studio)… This does show good will and commitment to try and do the best they can in a short amount of time. So, thanks for that. It means a lot. I think buying this was a good investment because it’s fun and the developer has provided meaningful improvements. It did a lot to rectify some of the initial quality concerns about the product.

3 Likes

Wow, why be so rude And what makes your sources credible?

1 Like

Will take a look this weekend. The changelog looks comprehensive. Looking forward to the updated gauges. Is it too much to ask for a tow rope and glider :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot. Great update!!

I wonder if we could get a Bird Dog repaint in Air Cadet livery? If it was possible, what colour scheme would you suggest? Seems they had a few variations.