New Nvidia 497.09 Always CTD

Save yourself a lot of time and worry and roll the driver back. It is an unmitigated disaster.

That’s on my unclocked completely vanilla PC. Every flight is a lottery, even the discovery ones crash on loading every other flight with nothing changed. It’s just ridiculous.

And I’ve tried my best to reproduce any part of the issues and constantly failed?

Just goes to show how different PC’s can be.

Are you still using DX12 because that seems more stable? Don’t go by the settings page it can be wrong but the fps counter says which version you are using.

I have had no CTD, with this issue…happy with the new drive…is it down to people self build PC.

Crossed my mind but I can’t see that Nvidia would test only on proprietary PC’s and anyway I’ve built my own and a couple of dozen for others over the past 30 years with rarely a mismatch so I think it unlikely. Put it this way, since I’ve had MSFS and while Asobo have been prescribing to turn off overclocks I have never had to significantly reduce mine, however with this driver it makes not an ounce of difference when I do … The only valid argument is that PC manufacturers tend to be on the conservative side when it comes to bios optimisations with some advanced features often disabled.

2 Likes

The problems with this driver have been fixed now.
Re download and re install it :+1:

Says who? … I installed yesterday’s Asobo patch and it doesn’t work (I’m on a W11 preview build that got updated in between).

It use to crash for me.
I re installed it yesterday.
Had no problem since

I daresay I’ve lost the patch but it isn’t offered again when I restart the sim and only a 137GB redownload of mandatory files “might” fix that. Meanwhile 496.74 still works perfectly so it’s not even a question, the 497.03 stays in the bin.

1 Like

Precisely.
If you’re still having problems with the new driver!
Roll back and carry on flying :airplane::+1:

1 Like

My hotspot temps haven’t peaked above 73° during the whole bad experience … on a card that theoretically should function with 100°

497.09 has done this to me :joy:

1 Like

Has Nvidia responded officially about this? Are they doing something?

Also check if the resolution from desktop as well as ingame setting has changed

it is on their official buglist, yes

1 Like

Oh yes I see it here as an open issue,right at the bottom…

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/476666/geforce-49709-grd-feedback-thread-released-12121/

Further testing showed that as long as I keep DX11 and keep the FPS at 30, the system is rock steady in FS.

30fps? … sorry but I’m not even going to try. If 497.09 doesn’t work with Vsinc off I don’t want it anywhere near me.

2 Likes

Even if you have tried DX 12 and reverted back to DX 11 because of fps issues among other bugs—with the latest Ge force driver installed, go back into DX 12 and see what happens. For whatever reason, this latest version of nvidia drivers fixed what was quirky with DX 12 on my PC, and DX 12 fixed the blue splotches on ground textures from the latest nvidia drivers. Oh—and now my fps is back to normal while running DX 12. Works for me…
i9 10900 locked
Gtx 2070 Super
32 gb ram
2tb ssd
40-60 average frames per second

so that’s why i haven’t ctd. if you are right. i use v-sync set in msfs options, and use 20fps lock, that’s mean 1/3 fps of current monitor frequency. in my case it’s 33.3~fps
nv settings: ultra low latency for smooth and power max performance for stability. so i haven’t ctd, but have curios about the ctd with new driver