New Nvidia 497.09 Always CTD

Same here windows 11 and rtx 3080. blue squares and CTD.
Aorus 15 G YC
RTX3080
64 gb ram
4 Tb SSD

Dx 12 is working fine with worst FPS than previous version of nvidia driver.

rolled back and all its fine

what version did you roll back to?

Just tried DX12, which is working properly, noticed small stutters, but I’m ok with it for the moment, I guess DX12 handling will be enhanced soon, as only in Beta for the moment

2 Likes

Same here. Straight to black screen after clicking ready to fly.

See for the longest time I would have agreed with you. I used to keep the same driver for a year with P3D until something else clearly, definitely worked and worked better. But for the most part with MSFS I’ve just updated when they come out and had no problems. But your wisdom has merit.

Good point but we always have in the community courageous early adopters. Been there, done that, let others sacrifice themselves now :rofl:

1 Like

You can go back, thats right but desintalling the old one, installing the new, desintalling the new, reinstalling the old is not mu idea of fun. I’d rather fly !

And if you don’t have CTD before and have after, everything being equal, you catch my drift…

I found those small stutters can be tuned out and DX12 really has a lot of promise … frame rates are still a little low which is noticeable when panning otherwise I’d stick with it. Ignore what the menu says as I changed it in UserCfg, the fps counter correctly shows DX12
DX12 test - YouTube

Actually I want to repeat this with a ram cache now in place … watch this space.

I9, 2080, Win10, DX11 and I got blue patches that change as a fly around. Reverted and all is good.

I don’t need to ‘de-install’ on my system, AFAICT.

TVGTK, TFS StruckZebra9.

Yeah, well, at least mine are standard internet which Google can define. YMMV

Updated yesterday. Did a perfect flight from Flagstaff to Phoenix- C172 Flight plan-Low altitude airways. ATC saw me and directed me all the way to the runway. AI Traffic, Clear sky’s (no Live Weather). It was very smooth and I noted how perfect it finally is! Noticed none of the above issues mentioned.
Now reading this, I’m worried to fly again for fear of blue patches and CTD’s popping up (placebo) lol!
(i7-10700, RTX3080, 32G)

No, you must keep flying with the new driver and see how it goes. I had 5 flights with the new driver and never had any problems with it.

1 Like

Win 11 / DX11 / i7@3.6GHz / GeForce 2080 and got blue-ish patches here and there.
No CTD, but not liking it, yuk

Well, I’m one of those adventurers… although sometimes I have some serious unpleasantness, to be honest…:rofl:

2 Likes

I am an early adopter on pretty much everything (yes I’m insane) but this was the first time that I for whatever reason saw the new driver and ignored it. Dodged a bullet…

2 Likes

I am also getting CTD’s when I hit the fly button. How do I revert back to the previous Driver?

Made this change to fix it (on mine at least.) EXACT same issue. I also did a full uninstall and clean install. Reverted back…same issue.

Changed to DX12 and all is fine. I wish we’d get paid for all the bugs and troubleshooting we all have to do.

Dx11 with new Nvidia drivers = CTD after 10 mins in the sim…