NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Hi Micha, I think I have finally conquered a new FS issue that has plagued me since the last update. Someone reminded me to set exclusions in Microsoft Defender for MSFS.exe, I had done this already and I always disable MS Defender before flying however, I took it a bit further and set exclusions for Process Lasso, TrackIR and anything else that I run with the simulator.
I still had stuttering.

So what I did next was influenced by sound drop-outs and popping with simultaneous simulator stuttering. I have an on-board sound-card and discovered that this had somehow become enabled once again, (I did disable it previously some time agao). Disabling the sound card on the motherboard appeared to do the trick. I also UPDATED my SOUND drivers.

• I think it’s a good idea for people to make sure that their sound card drivers are up-to-date, they often
    get forgotten.

I also disabled Nagle Algorithm in the registry. I had been constantly having the rotating ‘busy’ circle in the bottom right of my monitor screen while flying. Do you think there is any value in disabling Nagle Algorithm? I think the busy indicator is probably due to heavy server use. I wonder if other people are noticing this while flying?

I decided to increase my LOD slider to 200 within the simulator, I think this has helped to reduce the rotating ‘busy’ circle and perhaps help reduce some stutters, presumably because the simulator does not have to load the scenery so often, perhaps?

Nagle Algorithm: Why You Need To Disable It in Windows 10 - Fix Windows Errors Blog

Anyhow, it’s worth looking after sound card drivers …

I had a bad day yesterday, twice I tried to put the kettle in the fridge and not the milk! :joy:

Charles