New Nvidia driver out 466.27

New driver just released, going to try it now, maybe it will help with some of the sudden odd low FPS situations i have whitch seem to come and go randomly, or at least one can hope.

Did a flight around KLAX around the area and had no problems with this new driver. FYI… This was in VR with the quest 2.

5 Likes

Need a 457.30 comparison.

1 Like

Went straight to 456.51 after installing this one too much flickering between the desktop and sim on my rtx2060super.Looks like this 2060super I have has reach its end on drivers.

Major FPS issues for me with this new driver. Never seen it this bad. Nothing else has changed and other VR games work fine (AFS2). Nothing over 5 FPS in MSFS. Is 457.30 the benchmark?

It is! For some reason this driver seems to be trouble-free for non-VR users compared to the latest and greatest.

Go do it then :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Nope I’m happy with 457.30.

So you don’t need a comparison then as you’re happy with the current one; top marks for the self defeating response.

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Seems to have helped my performance after the driver update.

Had this odd bug were FPS would drop to 20-25 and stay there for a while but it seems to be gone.

Also, around KSFO i would get a severe performance loss when flying towards or over the terminal area ( i have deluxe edition) It would drop to 25 FPS with no apparent reason, but after the driver its 35-40FPS over that area, same WX conditions. I checked the FPS counter on the DEV mode pre & post 466.27, and there was definetly something wrong, GPU usage was through the roof, and now GPU usage is way less after the new driver.

2 Likes

Those reporting increased performance, DO check your graphics settings after the installation of new driver. MSFS tends to reset the graphics settings when a new driver is installed.

2 Likes

For everyone getting major stutters and frame rate hits with any Nvidia driver after 457.30, how old is your install of Windows? No driver after 457.30 works on my system but my Windows install media has a 5 year old old version of Windows 10 on it. You can get the latest installation media/iso from Microsoft.

I’m not advocating rebuilding Windows yet. Just trying to sort what the common thread is that leads to this behavior with new drivers for some. I already rebuilt Windows once due to Nvidia driver problems but used my original media. Rebuilding again today (466.11 dropped my frames to 20fps and it won’t recover even after using DDU and reverting to 457.30) but am using a fresh .iso from Microsoft to install from.

Don’t yet know if it will make a difference to use a new .iso or if the fully patched new build will be any different from a fully patched build using the now 5 year old .iso, but will post if this works.

1 Like

I am not having any trouble with the newest Nvidia driver. Actually, I have not had any trouble with any of the drivers since last year. I update whenever a new driver is available. Imagine that.

4 Likes

One big difference between 457.30 and 466.11/466.27 is there are severe security issues that were discovered with earlier drivers.

1 Like

Nope, same settings.

Latest drivers from Nvidia and all is goooooood !!
Screenshot 2021-04-30 143630|690x287

1 Like

1 Like

Unless you installed Windows 5 years ago and then blocked every single update then your version of Windows today in the current version of Windows. It may be called Windows 10 but it’s been a service for a long time and is just continually updated, there is no new or old version of it. Just keep it up to date and you’re all good.

2 Likes

This new driver causes flickering for me when I open other windows and if I overlay the main FS full screen with a window (like a browser), the entire screen changes from HDR to a very low dynamic range. I have a 2070 Super. Had to go back to 457.30.