NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

I look forward to the day when disgusting people who do this…

…are desperately trying to recover their bitcoin losses by selling their rgb fans

5 Likes

@TheAviator3506 Quite a few on that list I don’t use either. But what are the practical advantages?

Perhaps, but prior to COVID, the semiconductor marked was in a bit of a lull, if not a slightly downward trend.

Existing FAB capacity was holding court (if barely)… Brining new FAB’s online & increasing capacity is crazy expensive business. Unless there’s a clear need - it’s not going to happen.

Now of course, all the big chip suppliers are scrambling to add capacity and build new factories, but it will take time.

The reality is most economists expected the technology market to tank during COVID - blinded by the thought that people would be out of work and not want to spend $$$ on TV’s, Car’s, Computers, Phones, etc…

… Well we all know how that worked out!

Gordon, this might be of interest to you…

Charles

1 Like

Kevy, the author says this, ‘I decided to make a utility to help make the modification and installation process more bearable’. The file size is reduced and there are fewer background processes, (at least that’s what I believe).

I am just experimenting with the slimmed down driver, I have used one of these drivers before but stick to the unaltered, ‘fat drivers’. The dedicated forum for the Nvidia Driver Slimming Utility is perhaps where you can go to find out more about this subject. I think this driver and tool is probably for the hardened ‘gamers’ out there. BRGDS. Charles

Thanks Charles - sadly I’m not sure this worked…

1 Like

With 466.63 driver I get 6-10FPS more, but still stutter at airports when I turn the plane. If I lock the fps at 30 everything is smooth.

1 Like

I start to believe it’s not an driver issue.

I have this stuttery performance on ground too and nothing helps currently. I even backdated to 460.89 which was my best driver so far, no improvement.

Switching to lower resolutions or lower settings doesn’t help.
Weird tho, with the CRJ everything runs smooth… I think it’s a coding problem by Asobo.

1 Like

Gordon, that’s interesting and quite worrying! Thank you for the link. BRGDS. Charles.

Lets form an black ops team to free this poor cards :pirate_flag:

3 Likes

What does this mean?

He means free the GPUs from the mining rig - forced labour. It’s a joke.

3 Likes

Maybe. But is it a good one. Or I suppose a sad one, depending on you POV.

Kev

1 Like

Just free them!

They are prisoned, sentenced into a life of constant pain and torture for someones greed.

This is not the way a GPU should live. Digital is a lifeform and it has rights. A GPU should render beautiful pictures in freedom and spend joy and pleasure to its owner. Its owner should respect his GPU, clean them regulary and give them a well ventilated case. The owner should not abuse them for mining or mistreat them in a different way!

So lets free them, now!

(Heroic lament written a bit overslept on a monday morning on my way to speakers corner, wondering where Superman is when we need him…)

7 Likes

Download GeForce 466.74 hotfix drivers. The hotfix addresses fix for crashing Kepler and Turing video cards. See how you get on… :smiley:

i will be testing this hotfix tomorrow

1 Like

At least there has been no negative comments so-far about this driver, no positives either! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Too nice outside to do any indoor testing here in the UK. Charles

It’s because no fully testing reports yet

1 Like

Yes, the weather is too nice outside :icecream: :sun_with_face: BRGDS. Charles

You might want to skip the hotfix because 466.77 is now released!

2 Likes