NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Thanks for the welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anything with ā€˜performanceā€™ in the title must be welcome! If your interested, I would jump in quick, today is the day you need to register! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I guess GPU drivers have a part to play in this tooā€¦

Download GeForce 471.22 hotfix drivers. The hotfix addresses a fixDoom Eternal that may crash as well as other fixes.

• Doom Eternal may crash to desktop during gameplay [3331270]
  • League of Legends [Tencent] may fail to launch [200744747]
  • Mouse cursor color may shift when connected to certain DSC monitors in HDR mode [200741796]
  • [HDMI 2.1][8K] HDMI audio playback may become distorted after changing display modes [3268312]
  • Some displays screen resolution limited to 640x480 after driver update [3330750]

The slimmed skinny version without bloatware can be found hereā€¦471.11 + Hotfix 471.22 - Clean Version | guru3D Forums

your nvidia link is pointing to driver 417.22, not 471.22.

1 Like

Hi William, I assume you are referring to the ā€˜weight watchersā€™ driver? The new hot-fix is there, itā€™s just a little further down the page. It is a little confusing, I must admit. The two driver versions both appear in the page title.
Anyhow, here is the header from the download pageā€¦
ā€™ Clean Hotfix 471.22 GTX - x64 Desktop/Notebook
To prevent any confusion, hotfix driver links are removed once a newer version of the WHQL driver is releasedā€™.

Thank you for your alert. BRGDS. Charles

Noā€¦the ā€œhttps://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverā€¦ā€ link you wrote ABOVE ā€œThe slimmed skinny versionā€¦ā€ takes you to driver version 417.22, not 471.22.
if that is intentional, then i apologize for my incorrect correction. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, I see what you mean. I am a bit slow today. I do apologise, itā€™s an ā€˜adminā€™ error on my part. :blush: I have deleted that link to the 417.22 WHQL driver which is not a ā€˜slimmedā€™ driver. The link to the skinny driver is OK. Charles

1 Like

On my Aorus 3080 Extreme I had to roll back the driver all back to 460.89.

Also the BIOS from the card from F6 to F3.

Seems in the recent drivers thereā€™s a power limit coded at 380w, which is a shame. My card was running so good and stable at 420 watts at 2100 mhz.

Butā€¦ FS crashes now anyway, whenever the card is overclocked, so the power limit enhancement is not important anymore

1 Like

what a horror power consumptionā€¦ I hope the graphics card manufactors will in future spend a bit more time into a good hardware design and avoid this waste of energy.

1 Like

Well, if I got 33 fps instead of 28 I really wouldnā€™t care about those 40 watts.

In general you are right, of course.

1 Like

Download NVIDIA GeForce 471.41 WHQL drivers. This release Adds Support For Red Dead Redemption 2 and Chernobylite which introduce NVIDIA DLSS technology.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/177774/en-us

I always ask me, why a normally independent hardware manufacturer must implement somewhat that a game x works fineā€¦ sounds all like a big workaround interface :joy:

2 Likes

I guess this is more about the way the GeForce Experience can change in games settings. A profile is needed for each games. I donā€™t think they fix specific programs problems each time by patching drivers. Well I hope!.

ahā€¦ noā€¦ geforce exp. is another thingā€¦ the driver can be installed without the additional nvidia software.

Itā€™s same as they fix somewhat within the driver, if a game x crash.
[League of Legends]: The game may fail to launch. [200744747]

But of course it was clear for me that they do thatā€¦ sometime itā€™s just time to point to such worst designs. A device-driver should know nothing about a game x / application xā€¦ and I can remember at the good old ages where this was the case :slight_smile:

At leastā€¦ seems no issues with these version with msfs ( 2080Ti ).

1 Like

Iā€™m actually curious about what are we ā€œvotingā€ for here?

3 Likes

itā€™s a good questionā€¦ for me its a thread to discuss about current nvidia driver and possible advantages or disadvantagesā€¦ but may be itā€™s then bit wrong in yellow category :rofl:

In this case, the ā€œwhyā€ is clearly explained in the release notes and the blog post.

This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the latest new titles and updates, including the latest game updates for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Chernobylite which introduce NVIDIA DLSS technology.

I donā€™t have a link handy but youā€™ll find in the NVidia developer sections what are the requirements to supporting a DLSS enabled game.

1 Like

and in case I develop my own game , I have to ask nvidia that they do a driver change to support it ? :slight_smile: I meant it also more generallyā€¦ we get allways driver updates where 70% of the changelog is like ā€œsupport game xā€.

1 Like

Yes I believe youā€™d have to for the time being. It seems changes mostly mentioning ā€œsupport forā€ are sometimes about enabling DLSS ā€œofficiallyā€ (i.e. unlocking the feature for specific titles), but sometimes this is also about making a game running faster or better, in just ā€œadaptingā€ some internal driver optimizations to some specific API uses made by the game. To illustrate what I mean:

• the graphics API has a ClearBackground(color) function which most games are using when they start rendering the current frame

• game XYZ is known to fill the entire screen with a huge triangle right after

• for game XYZ, donā€™t make ClearBackground(color) do anything because it will be overwritten right after with the huge triangle anyhow.

Contrived example maybe, but this is what I have in mind when I read these release notes :crazy_face:

5 Likes

yepā€¦ but then is these company no longer a independend hardware manufactor. Instead it get a lot of possible ā€œinfluenceā€ ( word?) which ā€œapplicationā€ will be performant / supported and get better chances on market. May be ā€œgamersā€ should bit more aware of such things.

PS.: I like the discussion thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes