NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Roman,

You could try the old method by following this link to the installer and run it when you want. This is the method that I have always used. The Microsoft page says that this installer does not modify the ‘Runtime’ installed on your PC. I have just noticed that the Guru3D page indicates the DX installer only cover’s versions up-to DX 11. This is obviously because the update process is done through the Microsoft Store now. I think you can ignore the links that I posted below.

The Microsoft Store does not show any history of DX updates only those of applications downloaded from the store. You might not even be aware of updates to DX etc. through the ‘Store’ because it might be that they happen in the background unless you are lucky to see them or initiate a download at the right time. I can only guess.

I am now thinking that my PC has migrated from DX11 to DX12 in preparation for Win 11 which is on hold in Windows Update while Microsoft prepares it for me, (according to the message from there).
I am sure the last time I used dxdiag I was on Direct-X 11.

Something has dramatically improved the appearance of clouds and anti-aliasing for me, I literally had a ‘wow’ moment when I started a flight scenario. I know that the simulator is not optimised for DX12 at the moment, perhaps I had some corrupt DX files, (I will never know).

TenPatrol probably used the DX installer method ‘years ago’ he cannot remember how he installed DX back then.
‘More than 2 or 3 years ago but I dont remember how, where and when’

I have had another single Microsoft Visual Runtime delivered by the MS Store today. I tried to get a screen-shot but it happened too quickly. Even though the store shows no DX Runtime available, I can assure you that they have been delivered this way to me.

Take care, BRGDS.

Charles.

2 Likes