NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Blue means only sharpening is applied. Full screen mode is required for scaling to work.

It’s working with other games I’ve tried so it appears MSFS doesn’t support it.

1 Like

I notice terrible degradation in visual quality in Windows, so I suppose it will be the same in the game, so I turned it off, I do not intend to sacrifice image quality for a couple of fps, but the new driver seems good in normal mode.

1 Like

Display Driver Uninstaller. Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.4.6

Ixoye,

Yes, I see this too, (terrible degradation) in ‘full-screen’ mode, in ‘windowed mode’ everything looks ‘gravy’ and the performance is wonderful. The only way for me to get a performance benefit out of this driver is to use ‘windowed mode’. Did you try the driver in ‘windowed mode’? I assume there is a hardware limitation with my older GPU or as SubtotalGuide suggests…

‘It’s working with other games I’ve tried so it appears MSFS doesn’t support it’.

I need to do some reading.

BRGDS.

Charles.

1 Like

I can’t get it to work at all so perhaps MSFS doesn’t support it although I thought part of the selling point of the scaling was that it would work on practically everything?

I’m keen to try anything that might improve the look of the clouds which are still horribly pixellated at times even at ultra settings and 3440x1440. Also still looking for a solution to the stutters that randomly appear every few minutes for me - one day I’ll have a sim that I’m 100% happy with!

1 Like

Did you enable it in the Geforce experience app and in the nvidia control panel?

You also need to reboot the pc after that. Then in game make sure your render setting is at 100 and then select the new resolution (dependent on your monitor resolution and the % you chose) from the ingame menu too?

It’s not likely to improve any visual problems you might be having. Essentially it is just rendering the game at a lower resolution than your monitors native res and then upscaling it after. The main benefit should be performance.
It’s like the ingame render setting but done in a different way.
I can’t say which method is better but for me the new Nvidia way seems to work well, I’m getting better performance with no noticeable visual degredation.

4 Likes

Thanks for that. I didn’t realise I needed to install Experience, I normally don’t bother and I thought earlier posts pointed to versions of the nvidia drivers that didn’t include it. Anyhow I’ll give it a go. As far as stutters are concerned I’m going to try taking out my add-ons and then slowly reinstall them just in case something in my Community folder is the cause.

Folks, please read the PDF with this driver’s details which includes details regarding the updated scaler.
Regarding lots of the screenshots here, for example such as this one:

It is evident that lots of you are struggling to efficiently enable the feature. On the screenshot above, there is only some external Windows scaling being performed - the picture is of a significantly lower quality, quite blurry and ugly with lots of missing details.
When we read everything about the feature, we find out:

Then some enable it only partially, trough desktop upscaling, completely avoiding the spatial sharpener. While others just end up in a visual nightmare of some mix of their display’s internal and poorer 4-tap quality scaler and Windows native sharpening engine…

…and overall, the reactions are colorful…and well there’s also several quite emotional impressions! :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s actually not that complicated to make it run properly, just read the PDF which comes with every driver.

• [EDIT]
    Microsoft Flight Simulator is not limited to Windowed or Borderless mode - it’s got the latest full-screen mode implementation with all the useful full-screen optimizations properly integrated.
1 Like

Just make sure you turn off the Auto optimise bit of Experience otherwise it will mess up your graphics settings in game. You also need to turn on the experimental features option in experience.

1 Like

i don’t have image scaling on my laptop, why ?

1 Like

I don’t know, maybe it has to be an RTX based card for these features?

i have an RTX 2070 S mobile version, i suppose this feature is only for dekstop users

Maybe, would have to read into the driver info a bit more to find out.
Unless someone here knows the answer already?

1 Like

I think I’m going to stop playing with these options for now.
Wait and see what the update brings tomorrow. If that all goes well we can see if there are any performance improvements from the update before tinkering with the scaling.

1 Like

When trying this new features, MSFSconstantly crashes as soon as the flight loads? anyone else?

EDIT: eventviewer shows that the driver is crashin (HotfixDriver) and takes MSFS with it ofc…

1 Like

That might indeed be an issue. Im voting for a true fullscreen option!

I don’t think my graphics look ugly at all. All I care about is the extra FPS that I am getting using this driver and the extra smoothness when panning using TrackIR. You have hurt my feelings about my picture, I won’t sleep tonight! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The picture does look blurry, it’s a screenshot and does not look like that on my PC. I do not use G-Force experience and don’t think I have any need to install it.

What are the missing details?

Thank you for your input…

BRGDS

Charles.

1 Like

I have no intention of updating my drivers past 496.13 till this issue gets fixed

[YouTube]: The YouTube web site randomly displays extreme contrast/gamma while idle or
during video playback. [3420164]

I don’t care how much performance any new drivers gives me It’s supper annoying and it isn’t limited to YouTube but effects many other sites with video players. The video doesn’t seem effected just everything else on the same monitor goes dark and looks weird.

1 Like

The PDF say it doesn’t work in borderless windowed mode which is what MSFS uses when run in full screen mode. So how do we get it to work?

I’ve a Geforce GTX Titan X and the hotfix installed, but I don’t have the option as mentioned in the GeoforceExperience App. Is that due to my videocard?