NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

I uninstall from programs and features and it seems to work. I am not sure what DDU does or if it removes more and if so what. Needs more research.
Just checked Guru3D and they say not to use it too often and only in safe mode unless you know what you are doing and to create a restore point beforehand. It also says only use if other methods do not work,

2 Likes

I’ve found over the years that Revo Uninstaller does a pretty good job in removing programs, residual files and registry traces.

1 Like

I do believe that any third party registry cleaners are no better than those in Windows so I use only them.

2 Likes

Just turn it off in the system tray

After a DDU removal and a nice an clean install ist happens again. I roll back now.

1 Like

Watch these two video’s…

They are quite good and generally well explained for Nvidia GPU users

3 Likes

If you not use Auto-Optimze then GeForce Experiance have zero impact. It just offer some features like Shadowplay.

PS.: dont trust these “Must see!” youtube videos :rofl:

8 Likes

GFE for video recording is great. Very little if any impact on performance.

4 Likes

Agree, that’s the only reason I keep GFE, recording. Other features are useless (IMHO).

2 Likes

These are actually very good and worth watching, I’ve seen some BS. videos out there… these ones aren’t that at all :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for all your pros and cons. Other than the YouTube videos, it seems questionable whether there is any performance increase if GeForce Experience is eliminated. I will have to check to see if I’m using Auto-Optimize and so far I’ve not used the recording or streaming functions, and doubt that I will.

1 Like

can not recommend that :slight_smile: … disable auto-optimze and use the game settings , or if you have experiance manuall settings in ncp.
Some users also use other features of GFE ( photo stuff, coloring, etc. ) and of course you get informed about updates. If you dont like the nvidia overlay, you can disable it.

2 Likes

I use the Geforce Experience primarily for the Freestyle filters which are very useful for MSFS.
I definitely wouldn’t use it to Auto optimise the sim as it just seems intent on lowering all the ingame settings to try and acheive a higher frame rate.

As for a performance hit with Geforce experience I can’t say I’ve seen any difference with it installed or uninstalled.

It has some useful functions, as long as you remember to turn off the auto optimise you should be fine with it installed.

3 Likes

I agree with you on not bothering with third party registry cleaners but I didn’t know Windows had any, where did you find them?

Or are you just confusing the Windows cleanup option with a registry cleaner?

I checked the settings in GeForce Experience. 1) it is very slow on my computer 2) it shows MSFS but when I click it indicates “Game can’t be optimized!” and shows all the settings that are also within MSFS. I’ve spent quite a bit of time tweaking various settings and have been getting good results. It seems GeForce Experience isn’t really doing anything in my situation, other than letting me know when an update is available. So it will probably be removed. I don’t have any other games on the computer. Just turned on the “Experimental” features (didn’t realize what was available there) and read that, for my “below minimums” graphics card, I can’t use Freestyle, which sounded interesting when I read about above. I’m running 512.59 but have experienced only a few instances of the problems others have reported.

I forgot about that. I do use one other feature of GFE, to reduce saturation so that trees, and grass don’t look like Astroturf. -5 to -10% is about right for me.

Un-processed

Colour/Vibrance @-12

5 Likes

Hi Guys,
thank you for the links and Hints (especially MrCombatAce Youtubelinks).
I did it all ! ! ! and was very impressed by the performace increase.
BUTTTT starting at ZSQD homewards (EDDF) at flightslevel 280 the sim just dissapeared without any warning nothing. Now I am frustrated and what TV maybe I 'll have a better day tomorrow.grrrr.

1 Like

I was having fairly random CTD’s after installing SU9.

What worked for me (so far — knock on wood!) was to uninstall Nvidia 521.59 using DDU in Windows Safe Mode, then loading back into windows 11 & re-installing the “stripped down” version of 521.59

I’ve run MSFS 5-6 times since and haven’t had a CTD yet.

PS. when using DDU, make sure to tick the option that prevents windows from installing device drivers from Windows Update. Otherwise, as soon as you boot back into the OS, Windows will install it’s default (much older) GPU drivers. Alternately, you can temporarily disconnect your Network cable.

2 Likes

I only use windows cleanup and uninstall, for any other issues I use Windows Repair tool which access’s registry according to windows.

You recommend this?

Just out of interest - do you have a link to it please? Doing a search comes up with dozens of similar looking ones!

I don’t need it now but could be useful one day. Thanks.