NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

Geforce exp no more works 22222222222222222

Lee,

Hmm? I think I would just uninstall/re-install your driver or install/uninstall G-Force Experience manually.

I am not aware of any bug that stops GFE from working?

Charles.

1 Like

497.29 out now and it looks like the crashing and purple / blue patches are fixed.

3 Likes

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/driverResults.aspx/184726/en-uk

Not available at Guru3D at the moment.

Fixed Issues in this Release

• [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: The game may crash to the desktop during gameplay. [3454519]
  • [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: Purple/blue artifacts appear on ground textures in the game. [3454530]
  • [Supreme Command:Forged Alliance/Supreme Commander 2]: Performance drop occurs when there is mouse movement. [3405920]
  • Desktop may stutter after extended period when mouse cursor is moved. [3443235]
  • In multi-monitor configurations, the screen may display random black screen flicker. [3405228]
  • [NVIDIA Control Panel]: Spelling error in the German language NVIDIA Control Panel → Manage 3D Settings → Shader Cache Size default option. [3442310]

Windows 10/11 Issues

• [Deathloop][HDR]: TDR/corruption occurs in the game with Windows HDR enabled. [200767905] If this issue occurs, toggle the Windows HDR setting.
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed may crash on courses where players drive through water. [3338967]
  • [HDR][G-Sync]: Mouse pointer gets stuck after turning on HDR from the Windows Control Panel or after toggling G-Sync from the NVIDIA control panel. [200762998] To work around, click the mouse (right or left button). The mouse cursor will be sluggish for a few seconds before returning to normal operation.
  • [NVIDIA Advanced Optimus][NVIDIA Control Panel]: After setting the display multiplexer type to “dGPU”, the setting is not preserved across a reboot or resume from S4. [200779758]
  • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][Desktop]: The screen moves to the upper left corner on cold boot when Image Scaling is applied to the desktop. [3424721] Do not apply NVIDIA Image Scaling to the desktop. It is intended only for video upscaling or for games which do not run with a scaling resolution unless the same Image Scaling resolution is applied on the desktop.
  • [NVIDIA Image Scaling][DirectX 11 video apps]: With Image Scaling enabled, video playback is corrupted or results in a system hang after performing an HDR transition. [3431284] If HDR is required to be toggled from the Microsoft Control Panel, be sure to switch to a different Image Scaling resolution.

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/497.29/497.29-win11-win10-release-notes.pdf

Download https://us.download.nvidia.com/Wind
-win10-win11-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Charles.

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Fixed :+1:

Well that was fun, I wonder what the next catastrophe will be :rofl:

6 Likes

I removed ‘tho’ post as per request.

Here is the start of the Nvidia 497.29 ‘feedback thread’ from the Nvidia forum website.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/game-ready-drivers/13/477768/geforce-49729-grd-feedback-thread-released-122021/?commentPage=2

Thank you goes to TangledBinkie44 who looked after us today!

Driver 497.29 looks pretty good so-far. Nice and smooth

Charles.

CTD for me, with update 497.29

Skandanavian941,

I used a clean install of my driver and I am using an old MSI GTX 1070 OC which performs amazingly well at 1080P.

Here is the slimmed down version of the driver with bloatware removed

Charles.

2 Likes

I have a GTX 1060 6GB, and with the .496 driver, it was performing very good too.
The prob is that the new update doesn’t allow to rollback, so now i’m pretty stuck :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ll stick with the older one.
My 3080 runs currently overclocked so stable in FS. And what I noticed, one year now of heavy use in FS, but the card seems not to loose performance. Quite near to max score i had

1 Like

Skandanavian941,

The term ‘rollback’ in relation to Nvidia drivers is misleading. A lot of people are saying that now in relation to Nvidia drivers.

Just uninstall via the Windows Program uninstaller and install your new driver. You can customise your install with the new driver to a certain degree.

Charles.

And you can remove the last remnants of the deinstalled driver with DDU.

Trying out the new 497.29 version on a short flight around NYC. No CTDs or discolored textures, so that’s good. I do have some new stutters and hesitations that were not present under 496.98. I don’t know if it’s just the shader cache rebuilding or what.

Speaking of which, has the option to set the size of the shader cache always been there in NCP?

Shader Cache showed up a couple drivers ago, I forget which one.

thanks, I tried what you call “clean install” of the Nvidia drivers. And then i re-tried a flight, but not in the same conditions as when i had my CTD ( meaning with VATSIM, and VATSIM MAP opened in background). Now i did with SLC, and Navigraph minimap, and it went smooth, with NO CTD.
Because of that, i don’t know, now if VATSIM was the troublemaker or Nvidia driver update. Tommorow i’ll try another flight on VATSIM, with the VATSIM Map operating in background, to see if it CTD again or not.
But thank you very much for your help. Very much appreciated

Can anyone let me know if the new Nvidia drivers are working good I have had 457.30 for a long long time with no issues other then pixelated clouds I have herd these drivers are the best but now I started seing lots of good things on 497.xx drivers are they stable and working well as far as grafics, I am woundering if updating to the new drivers would fix my pixulated clouds issues, does anybody have anything that might help me decide if changing or staying with 457.30.
I have a 2070 Super card.
Thanks

Keeee-Rash!