New Oculus update today didn't fix the white flashes

As in the title. CV1 still flashing like mad. Really annoying as it doesn’t happen in any other VR program.

I don’t get any flashes using Ben Birds method.
I’m on the old 437 driver and using latest oculus beta

1 Like

Thanks. Did this but still get flashing.

No flashing for me, strange.

Flashing here too. It started a few weeks ago but I was able to fix it by disabling beta. Oculus then updated today and flashing is now on the stable release too. Unplayable,

2 Likes

Exact same experience for me. Was so glad going to the stable release fixed the issue, but the update today brought the flashing back. :frowning:
I was just about to do an hour long leg of a bush trip, but this makes it unplayable.

Are you experiencing those flashes with Oculus Link or Virtual desktop?
I am using VD and don’t experience any flash but I remember seeing flashes when I was flying with link.
When I was a using link, I thought my flashes were due to short tracking errors caused by changes on the screens visible in the Quest field of view, I felt I had less flashes when all screens were turned off (computer screen/TV).

I solved it like this.

This was discussed in a previous post. A fix was posted that reverts back to an older version and returns the flashing to ‘normal’ rates:

Kudos to michalopole818 for the above!

1 Like

I am getting pretty severe flickering with the recent release, before with the beta channels I could get rid of it by forcing 40fps but now it’s really bad :\ Hope there’s a fix soon…

No more flash from me with my Oculus CV1 and brand new Oculus Beta 27.0.0.27.507 (27.0.0.27.507)!
It fully fixed for me so check if you have opted in the Beta and the version number. I came from unplayable to smooth this morning. V26.x is the one having the bug.

2 Likes

Same here, seems to be fixed :slight_smile:

I have only 72hz on my Quest 2 with this Beta it doesn´t matter which freq I choose.

Me too… Only 72hz.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.