New Patch Install Stuck

Whenever the download seems stuck for more than a couple of minutes, restart the installer/game. It will continue where you left off.

1 Like

Stop the game close everything browsers etc open it back up and it should work thats how I had to do it though
i had to do it a few time. the last time I just left it with everything closed and it finally worked. However the new patch seems to have just screwed things up worse than it helped

Think I prefer the tape recorder method, Iā€™ve been trying to load this update since last night, still 5gb to go been like it all day.

Also remember with loading spectrum games you couldnā€™t move while loading some games any tremor would cause it not to loadā€¦

Iā€™m off to play manic minerā€¦

Was always a Gauntlet man myself. Hopefully your issues subside and you get to get some flight time in. I am very pleased personally.

2 Likes

Took about 12 minutes for me. But I have very fast internet speeds too.

guys mine is stucl at 1g (the new patch) then starts fron zero again. and it cant be skipped to fly wout the patch fsbase- cgl 0.1.30 fspatch001 cant go thru this part

and if i have 6 gog reiming to download, i download 1 and when starts again the amount downloades dissapear so i have to start all over again

still stuck in rarfile 0.061 package 002 any hint what to do, tried all ā€¦comandpromt, limiter everytunh, rar file is not going thru eternally looped

Had the same, I used my fix for 1.9.5.0 when it got stuck which I posted a week or so ago.
When the update stalled I closed FS2020 and opened up the install folder/official and scrolled down until I found the file/s that it was stuck on and deleted them.

I then restarted FS2020 and the update proceeded as it should and downloaded and installed at normal speed. Maybe for whatever reason (my HDD or the server) the file seems to corrupt and stops the installation. By deleting and redownloading seems to work.

This was the only way I could get update #4 when it was stuck on a big-file 1.7.5.0. Hope this helps someone out there in the wild blue yonder.