NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

Work in progress on our latest Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa addition

63 Likes

That is exciting news!

1 Like

Hey BlackBox, we found another ugly duckling!

Hold my beer

(Loving it, btw :smiley: )

5 Likes

Is this from the same Blackbox team they had this awesome Airbus Extreme Prologue for Flight Sim X?
Absolutely LOVED this one!!!

It came out shortly after my first real Airbus flight. So Blackbox is doing Flight Sim 20 stuff now? Excellent good to hear :slight_smile:

They have for almost two years now: the Cessna L-19 Bird Dog, the Scottish Aviation Bulldog, the Britten BN2 Norman Islander and the Trislander.

4 Likes

Yes it is 
 Sadly though, with the release of MSFS 2020 and the Plethora of new Airbus product released on this platform our FSX Development took a long back seat ride.

2 Likes

I love these ugly Short ducklings. Would’ve maybe preferred the original short and stubby Skyvan but I’m a weirdo who likes them short and stubby lol. Happy to get a 330 and I’m sure Blackbox will put out a good representation of it.

4 Likes

I like aircraft like this, different to the usual.

I’ll definitely be picking it up.

2 Likes

I make no claims that I helped influence BBS into making the 330 their next aircraft.

:wink:

(I seriously can’t wait for the 330!)

6 Likes

Wow i already cannot wait for this to come to Xbox :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I saw that picture and knew, immediately what it was. I used to call the the Short 360 “flying Winnebagos”. They used to fly cargo into Myrtle Beach when I was there.

1 Like

Alright another aircraft from the historic Air Wisconsin fleet

will this include the Mississippi Valley Airlines livery before they merged with Air Wisconsin?

1 Like

It’s like the designers at Short took a look at the Fairchild C-119, and said “Oh, we can do something MUCH more boxcar-ish than THAT
”

That would be the original Skyvan -

The S330/360 is amazingly streamlined in comparison

But the 119 has nothing on the Blackburn Beverley anyway!

3 Likes

I’ll buy this because every Blackbox aircraft has brought me hours and hours of fun, but good lord, were you intentionally looking for something that would make the Trislander seem sleek in comparison? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yep :slight_smile:
we have become known for “the quirky” lol

9 Likes

Growing up with my bedroom looking out over Belfast Lough, I used to sit and watch all of the Shorts aircraft taking off from the factory at Sydenham and flying over Samson and Goliath. And as the airport at Sydenham was also used for small commercial opps some of them would return with their operators on scheduled services.
Titan, Gill Airways, Loganair, Jersey spring to mind.
Brilliant work BlackBox.

2 Likes

Looking forward to that aircraft. Please, can we have events/Lvars utilizing hardware switches?

2 Likes

Yes please ÂĄÂĄÂĄ :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice, I have 1800hrs in the Irish Concorde. Flew both the 330 and 360.
Seems like a lifetime ago now.

14 Likes