New Pushback Addon costs literally 1/2 of MSFS

And this is the first that covers all three. Like I said, I wouldn’t get it myself, but it’s the first improved pushback system for MFS.

I have In my background as programmer and in my free time made countless free applications, tools and what not for different games. Even got one stolen and monetized by someone. With that background i just get ‘INSERT_A_FEELING_HERE’ too see the money grabbing, exploiting of ordinary simmers wallet. - It’s easy to blind non-technical users with hollow beautiful pictures and words.

I want to emphasis that i do not know the quality, features and such about the ‘pushback’ product, but it smells a little.

Finally passively aggressive: “Change my mind”.

6 Likes

FS2Crew are becoming the Carenado of FS Utilties, half assed and never finished.

I suppose we have to wait some months for free mods like on old fsx.
Im frustrated a bit too. At the moment, the sim need to have a workaround soon. Im back on my ppv5 for the moment.

Yea no thanks, im perfectly happy pushing straight back with default pushback truck, ill wait for free addon

2 Likes

We do indeed live in a sh**y world. I salute you sir.

You should consider updating your CPU. Went from an i7 6700k to an i9 10900k (RAM: 32 GB 3800Mhz CL15) and it’s a huge difference. It has become smooth now, even on a GTX 1080 (non-Ti; WQHD; High-End preset).

The Flight Simulator is heavily CPU-limited.

hahaha yeaaah, some pmdg acft would cost like 100.- or so haja

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face:

I can feel a little smug about the fact that I’ve only ever bought one ‘study level’ plane (it was the Flyjsim Dash 8 Q400 for XP11). Think I shelled-out something daft like £55 (approx $70) for it at the time. Lovely plane, but I still feel guilty for splashing the cash on it, all these years later. Go figure.

I am very much like you. I buy very few payware and when I do I do it very carefully like its my last 30 bucks. It always surprises me reading of simmers who buy stuff with out much thought and just uninstall it afterwards because they didn’t like it.

2 Likes

Agree, I also own GSX for P3D, hopeful of a discount when released.

1 Like

Maybe it’s study level pushback?

8 Likes

Sure! Here’s a video (HD version processing):

Basically, I have three buttons for Pushback (on/off), Pushback Left and Pushback Right. It’s very simple to setup, you just need to know the correct events.

• Select the button
  • Add Event (pressed short)
  • Add Action
  • Send Simulation-Event
  • Select the event you want

I have two events for each pushback left and pushback right, as shown on the video. Hope that helps!

ps. if the pushback tug is in the vicinity, it will push you, but you are in control.

6 Likes

Well, it was only a matter of time. Some healthy competition will quickly humble the limited features this provides for the asking price. :slight_smile:

At least it alleviates the pain of having to contact ATC for everything pushback, including turns. Regional voices are nice too. At this rate of bugs it might take months before we see those implemented in the base sim.

Sorry, but this is silly. They want us to pay $$ for “added voices” in French, German, Australian? Pfft.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Sim community!
3rd party devs seem to think that everyone that fly the sim live in 1st world countries, AKA USA/Canada/UK/Germany and a couple more. They make us believe we are a tiny little market, and they prefer to sell 10 copies at 40 bucks than 100 copies at 5 each. What’s more, there are tons of guys that like to say “they can price what they want”, that is ok in my opinion,
but that doesn’t help neither. This is how our community works, its a combo, and we do nothing to change that, we just pay. And wait for the airliners to come, they take a lot of work sure, maybe they are more justified, but they also exaggerate with the pricing.

2 Likes

What i learnt at school to the question “what is the price of anything?”

Answer: what customers are willing to pay.

If people pay these prices then its worth it to that person and the add on developer will charge it.

3 Likes

IMO 3PDs address the annoyances/limitations/sloppiness/missing features of the sims and price their products based on the level of competition and what they expect customers are willing to pay. Free market philosophy pure and simple.

Anyone reading this can simply vote with their wallet.
Don’t buy it. Maybe developers will figure out they either need to lower the price or create something that is worth the price they are offering.
Simple as that.
Right now the MSFS pushback does do its job well enough to not need any 3rd party solution.
Actually the same goes for most of the scenery, if you have to purchase scenery to enhance this game one may well as continue to use XP or P3D.

4 Likes