NEW RELEASE: Aeroplane Heaven Lockheed Electra 10-A

There was an Alabeo one for FSX/P3D that despite being Carenado/Alabeo was pretty nice to fly around and looked great.

Also quite looking forward to the Electra, 30s planes are my jam.

3 Likes

Wow it looks amazing, one day purchase too :fire:

1 Like

The mk1a is fantastic fun to fly and my personal preference in WWII aircraft is early war. I definitely prefer it to the other early war offering, the P40 though I do recommend that as well. I do not own the other Spit or the Corsair to make a comparison there.

I suspect if you own the other one though - I am not sure how much benefit you would get from two of them, particularly if your not into WWII aircraft.

These are Beech Staggerwings:

3 Likes

still to be proven

radial fan it seems :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you! Yeah, I own the other one, the P-40, and Corsair. I do take them out once in a blue moon but not often enough. That Staggerwing looks up my allergy though, I hope someone makes one.

The Staggerwing is near the top of my wishlist. Itā€™s a beautiful design that doesnā€™t look like anything else, popular with cross-country air racers, and the high-performance rich guy private transport of its day.

In regards to Earhart: her plane was a model 10-E with more powerful engines, of which only a small number were made. Of course the one used on her last flight was also modified with additional gas tanks. The 10-A that AH is doing is the model which made up the preponderance of those built and which was used the most by airlines.

2 Likes

So excited for this airplane but so disappointed at the textures and bump mapping used here. It isnā€™t FSX and I fear this has now been normalized to charge full price for models that appear to be from past generations.

3 Likes

Hold a bit. It hasnā€™t even been released yet and youā€™re already complaining about the textures. Wait til we see what it actually looks like in-sim.

2 Likes

He is talking about this screenshot. It seems only new and young developers fully leverage modern techniques, while older devs prefer to stick to their ways of doing things they know the best. Except Carenadoā€¦ they are on the top of the game in graphics.

4 Likes

You knowā€¦ thatā€™s fine, really. It doesnā€™t really bother me that much. How many times will I be looking at this exact view anyway? I am more interested in the cockpit textures versus a zoom-in on the wing. I get it, some have done it the new way (Bill from Lionheart actually fixed his since release of the Trinidad), but at this point, I am good with it. Itā€™s gonna look better than the P3D Electra, which is what matters as long as it flies just as good.

7 Likes

I honestly do not mind it that much either. Only in places where it is clearly visible from the cockpit like the nose of the aircraft or where rivers are really big and visible from normal external views without zooming with a drone. Just Flight Arrow looks great for example.

3 Likes

Rivet counters are gonna rivet count. Itā€™s a tale as old as time. Iā€™d prefer it to be done better but it looks fine to me as it is.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair enough. Seeing the development of things like the Wing42 Boeing 247D really shows how there should be a larger discrepancy in price differences based on quality. They actually modeled all the rivets and bolts, it looks absolutely stunning. I agree with what you said however and will hold off judgement until pricing is revealed. Iā€™m just a little upset at how modeling payware for FS2020 has been handled.

1 Like

How ā– ā– ā– ā– ! Now thatā€™s an aircraft project I can totally get behind!

That polished bare metal look is extremely cool.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been debating whether to get the DC-6 or not but seeing this may change my mind. I normally donā€™t buy too many add-on airplanes but I have wanted to get at least one classic and I may just have to pull the trigger on this one. Looking forward to your in-depth review as you are always spot on.

1 Like

Man, I wish you didnā€™t try to choose between the DC-6 and this. The DC-6 is in the top 3 aircraft currently in the sim as far as I am concerned. PROBABLY in the #1 spot for me. And itā€™s very different from the Electra.

6 Likes

This would be much more of a ā€œfire it up and flyā€ aircraft than the DC-6ā€¦ Aside from the size difference (the DC-6ā€™s empty weight is something like 8x the Electraā€™s), thereā€™s over a decade and a lot of advances in technology separating them. I would hesitate to compare the two.

3 Likes

Matter of taste.

The Carenado stuff looks a bit squeeky clean - like a new plastic toy at XMAS. Some people like it some people do not.

I bought the Mooney and would not buy another. It sort of looks pretty - but sterile.

2 Likes

On the other hand, there are already people complaining that the instrument panel on the Wing42 Boeing 247 is too scuffed up.

Truly there is no way for developers to win.

1 Like