New Release: Aerosoft Bombardier CRJ 550/700

You forgot the most important piece of advice: READ THE MANUAL! :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I’ve been thinking about buying the CRJ but will now reconsider and keep my card firmly in pocket-was this the support forum you had posted in-if so this is very troubling

2 Likes

Just completed a new livery for the CRJ-700, Scandinavian Airlines - “New” style
Enjoy!

Some Screenshots:

6 Likes

Have you checked if your wheel chocks were still in place on the Efb? If this is the case, releasing parking brakes will have no effect obviously.

1 Like

I have checked it. It’s a sporadic issue, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t, but the thing a bout wheel chocks is that they shouldn’t prevent the PARKING BRAKE message from being cleared when you use the mouse to stow the parking brake lever?

Hmm okay, haven’t had this issue yet. But Yea the message should definitely dissappear on stowing the brakes. Strange.

Unfortunately wheel chocks in isn’t a variable in the sim, so I think this is a result of having to trick the system when the chocks are in (instead of just a bug). Wish there was a way to suppress the CAS message though.

Right - it seems very sporadic which I assume can’t be easy for Asobo to find the root cause. I’ve had it in the FBW mod, Carenado, the new Arrow, etc. Oddly enough I don’t seem to notice it in vanilla aircraft (perhaps because the systems are less sophisticated than some of the addons), but yes - what you describe is part of the FPS issue. For me, it’ll stutter for a second or two and go away and I’ll be fine for the rest of the flight (or sometimes it’ll pop up again).

Downloaded it and flew some circuits at Kristiansand!
Nice Job - Thanks!!!

Thank you for choosing Scandinavian Airlines!

Here’s the “old” style progressing:

I’d like to buy the CRJ, but given Aerosoft’s behavior and assistance, I’ll keep the money in my pocket. This is not the answer to people who have spent 50 euros for a plane that must be perfect, without hitches. I’m sorry, because I wanted to take the CRJ.

If you expect perfection with any new product, you are in for a world of hurt. That’s all.

I don’t understand the comment about Aerosofts “behavior”. They have been very helpful with documentation and videos. They have made it clear this is not like default aircraft. This is the first realistically simulated aircraft in MSFS and they correctly figured that many buyers who are new to the hobby would not appreciate the difference and buy it reflexively without checking if they could fly it.

Rather than field thousands of returns they made a business decision. What about the behavior of the people buying it without doing research on the product? Isn’t it reprehensible to purchase a product assuming it is going to be as easy as existing planes like you are buying DLC for GTA 4 and then complaining that it’s too hard?

1 Like

In fact, I watched “The Dude” videos and various reviews. I have no problem learning. What I don’t understand is why I can’t execute the flight plan made by Msfs. I don’t have Navigrapph or other paid sites to do the flight plan. I have no problems learning but I have informed and read, even their forum, the Aerosoft forum. So I drew my own conclusions. That’s all. I don’t want to offend anyone but I will not buy the CRJ for these and other reasons I have said.

That’s easily explained. Aerosoft stated that third party aircraft that use a custom nav system (which they do) cannot use the default MSFS flight planner or navigation data. Unfortunately MSFS does not have the ability yet for their flight planner to talk to other systems. It’s an SDK limitation. That’s been true for previous version of MSFS so it will probably never change.

Also, you don’t need Navigraph to fly the plane. You can do a flight plan through SimBrief (which is free).

1 Like

Also, it’s fine if you don’t choose to buy the CRJ, but be aware that no third-party aircraft using custom nav systems will work with the MSFS flight planner. You will have to make the same decision for all the best aircraft, like PMDG, QualityWings, etc. that will come out for MSFS.

2 Likes

Hi at all
I bought the CRJ from aeresoft and during the flight the fuel pumps closed byself .

thanks to reply and take care

Are you able to get them restarted? Can you provide a little more detail?

yes, but the alarm of the pump stay on, and the pln is no more there.I suppose is something with the activation of the product.

What makes you think that?