New Release at Simmarket: BRSIMDESIGNS - DEBONAIR 35

No problem. My fault in not communicating better. I can see where my second sentence could be misconstrued. Your information/experience was helpful in that it uncovered another developer I will want to avoid. Thanks for that.

1 Like

This could be the biggest problem for us as consumers, for any developer.

As the sim develops, features are added, behaviours tweaked etc. there will be an impact on aircraft performance. Some minor, some major.

The 3PD’s will need to keep abreast of these changes, to ensure their models will work for the newer versions of the sim. If they don’t your purchases become invalid over time.

I can see that some smaller outfits might just look at the cash coming in from a plane they released a year ago, and perhaps not see that as time well spent. That would be short sighted of them as that decision will likely affect the sale of newer models. Why risk investing in something that might be unflyable 6 months down the line?

1 Like

Would be glad if the EGT gauge got fixed. Also, the sound doesn’t change when opening the window. But this maybe is like that because the dev uses some default sound.

Else I like it a lot.

This worries me as well. With each sim update, the devs have to go back to the flight model and redo stuff, add, tune, etc. For how long they can keep up without losing money? Those devs that have release one or two aircraft might not have a big issue, but those like Carenado that released many may struggle with keeping up. I can see Carenado are slowing down their releases recently.

2 Likes

I’m not a plane developer so I can’t say for sure, but its more about time invested, which could be translated into money I guess. But if a developer was asked why they aren’t fixing a plane that was released months back, and they say they don’t have the time but “Hey, here’s our new one if you’d like to buy it”, then I vote with my wallet.

2 Likes

Are the tip tanks still unremovable?

There is an update on Simmarket, V1.05, but I cannot find any release notes. Will have to fly it to find out.

EGT is working now.

1 Like

Great to hear, fair play to the dev. What’s the beacon light and taxi and landing lights like
Does the beacon still shine into the cockpit?

I just got home from work, so I won’t be downloading it until later, but here’s the release notes.

3 Likes

I do not see the beacon light now.

To correct my previous observation, I just noticed this issue on a different static aircraft as well, (TBM) so I don’t think this is an aircraft problem.

All default aircraft have it. The plane you saw was probably not even the addon plane but default Asobo static that looks just like that.

I have generic model’s turned off. All the static aircraft I see are either default or 3rd party aircraft.

1 Like

I see that prop problem on many default planes parked at airports so it must be something from Asobo.

1 Like

I really like this plane (addon-product) and I appreciate the frequent updates. But there is still an big issue with the performance in my opinion. The plane with 2.800 lbs weight should be able to takeoff at ~ 80 MPH with flaps up after approximately 1.500 ft. And it is far away from that. So I tested some numbers in the configs.

I changed the following:

aircraft.cfg
fuel_flow_scalar to 0.5
power_scalar to 1.55

flight_model.cfg
cruise_lift_scalar to 1.15
parasite_drag_scalar to 0.8
induced_drag_scalar to 1.65

This is a quick and dirty fix, but it results in
a) better takeoff performance
b) better cruise speed
c) better climb performance

(with better I mean - more like the numbers in the POH)

I used an POH of the A33-B33 version as a reference.

If somebody could try these numbers and give feedback, I would appriciate it.

Kind Regards
JayDee

1 Like

It would be great to see more liveries. That yellow on polished aluminum is classic. We should have a red and as blue in that style also.

Hi JayDee, I can’t get your “GTN750 on others” mod to work on this one. I added the file for it when you updated it. It works on everything else, so I don’t know what’s wrong.

1 Like

The Reason is, they changed the path name with one of the last patches. I have to make an quick update. I will try to do this as soon as possible. Kind Regards, JayDee

2 Likes

I uploaded a new version of my GTN750 on others mod with a hotfix for the debonair. Kind Regards, JayDee

3 Likes