New Release: Bluemesh Caudron C.430 "Rafale"

Just a guess, but the disc might be for mechanized starting from an external vehicle.

That sounds like something I would like to see simulated. The quirks of these old airplanes are part of what I like about them.

Really nice work on this one! One thing I do have a problem with is that in VR, if I look left or right I find I am clipping though the canopy (it is rather a tight cockpit)ā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if that is a VR issue or that the scaling is a little too small?

Very likely it is a tight fit, racing planes tend to minimise frontal area and so you pretty much wear them with few creature comforts.

Yup, With TrackIR, I can move my head ā€˜outsideā€™ the cockpit glass easily. I think this is a general MSFS problem, and not something individual developers can fix.

I may be wrong but Iā€™m pretty sure developers can add collision boxes for the camera to keep it constrained, think the Spitfire just added that so you canā€™t lean out of the cockpit now.

1 Like

If thatā€™s right, it seems that Asobo havenā€™t been doing it for the stock aircraft.

The spitfire doesnā€™t have collision boxes in the cockpit and no other aircraft in the sim so this is probably something Asobo needs to look at.
But iā€™m fine without them as collision boxes get in the way on a lot of aircraft when you wanā€™t to look down at side consoles with TrackIR and probably in VR (like in DCS) and then you have to use a zoom function.

1 Like

Strangeā€¦ I am unable to look out of the window in all default Asobo aircraft. Even when I try to increase the viewpoint sometimes I cannot because the range of motion is limited by the objects.
EDIT: maybe it is possible with TrackIR, but not with default movement inside the cockpit with keys (transfer forward, backward, left, right)?

Those are just preset camera positions.

No they are not. I am talking about moving inside the cockpit with transfer buttons (transfer forward, backward, left, right). You cannot move outside of the aircraft and cannot put your head outside, there are clearly collisions detected.

1 Like

Yeah all the default planes and most the third party planes Iā€™ve tried have collision boxes which prevent you moving the camera outside of the cockpit using the transfer camera keys, but I always found with trackir you could clip outside a bit in most cases like the boxes have a bit of wiggle room or something. This plane and the Ryan donā€™t have the collision boxes though so you can translate the camera quite far outside the cockpit. Also as I noted in my impressions post the raised landing view (default space key) clips through the top of the canopy a bit.

4 Likes

Ah ok never used those buttons (I only use TrackIR) but now tested a bunch of planes and most 3rd party ones donā€™t have the camera collision bounding box.
And also asked a dev that has this figured out. The plane needs a bounding box on the 3d model VC with a invisible material and collision turned on. (Example can be found on the SDK DA62) @BlueMesh3192

Yes i know but with blender it doesnā€™t work propelly, i can retry butā€¦

1 Like

From FlyingIronā€™s website list of changes in v1.0.2

• Cockpit Camera collisions added

Whether this affects TrackIr, VR and mouse is another thing.

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather have the realism modeled, even if it is harder to operate. Even as a pretty bad MSFS pilot, being able to learn about and experience the difficulty of these historical planes is really fun (even if i crash half the time haha). Bring on the pneumatic systems and skid functionality! :stuck_out_tongue: If youā€™re worried about people being turned-off by the complexity, expanding on the tutorial video you have on YouTube would be a great solution to get people info on how to fly, in addition to the manual stuff youā€™re working on

Canā€™t wait to hear the audio update as well ~for the most part it sounds nice, but having sounds change as the canopy is opened and closed would be great,

Awesome job on the plane; iā€™m excited to see where it goes as itā€™s updated! Between this and the Amphibious Aerolite, you guys are making some of the most fun and unique aircraft out there :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for this unique and iconic beauty, a great choice and very well done. And maybe would be nice to have the possibility to fly with the passenger in the front seat, adding more challenge to find the airfield, and Iā€™d like to fly with just the canopy open, not the door. But anyway, itā€™s fantastic, please keep on developing golden era planes!

Iā€™m 100% with what @Editer says, I also love '30s planes and this one does not disappoint !

Iā€™ve noticed the wind sound increases when the canopy opens, but yes it would be nice to have the effect for the engine too.

Agree, I donā€™t think the plane should be so easy to turn at very low speed.

Oh nice, that was the main reason I started this message, Iā€™d REALLY love to be able to do that. I fly VR, and when flying slow or on a landing approach, flying with the canopy open and doors closed would be great (and realistic I think).

I started incorporating the Rafale as one of the planes in my World Tour, here we are after landing at dusk at Flores island, Indonesia. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This plane must look stunning in VR with that cockpit view. Something about that view and the dull scratched up metal really makes this plane quite immersive to fly even on a flat screen.

If it doesnā€™t work it doesnā€™t work iā€™m not having a problem with it. better spend resources on other things :slight_smile:

@BlueMesh3192 I donā€™t hear any rain sound.