New Release: NextGen Simulations' Embraer EMB-110 Bandeirante

Are your Gens on and Starters off?

1 Like

Yep. I started on runway and everything was fine. Gonna mimic that start and see what I missed.

I had an avionics issue going out after about 10 mins too the first time I flew. It ended up that I left the left starter on. Once I turned it off, the avionics came back.

Hows the interior performance/frames?
Is there a huge gap between interior & exterior views?
Ive got a 1st gen ryzen 1700x that has trouble with some craft. Carenado interior for example are usually ok

I mean… it’s hard to say. I don’t pay much attention to the frames rate. As long as things are smooth and not stuttering, I don’t really care exactly how many frames I get. My sim tends to run somewhere between 30-60 FPS depending where I am. Everything is Ultra. Some aircraft probably less than others, but as long as I get a stutter-free experience, I don’t care.

Some people say this one has the same issue as Trinidad from Lionheart in terms of slower frame rate in the cockpit. But to me, they both feel smooth. I don’t really care what the actual FPS is until I get stutters. THEN I begin to watch them. :wink:

1 Like

I shouldve worded it as such, thats basically what i meant. If the scenery is rolling by smoothly out the window and i free look smooth, im perfectly fine w that

The Trinidad for me is unplayable - theres somthing fundamentally wrong there…

I get prob 25/30 fps most Carenados but theyre smooth, not “old timey picture show”

Thanks for your input

Hopf someone’ll make a vid, pretty much non existant atm

Sad to hear, I’ve been waiting for some more steam-gauge twins. The default Baron and King Air are nice other than the overly-Garminized panels, to me they just look wrong in a plane as classic as those or the 172. There’s the Seminole at least, but we need more of the old classics like that. Maybe an early Learjet like the 23 or 25 as well.

Not a too big fan of Garmin cockpits either. Really looking forward to Aerosofts Twin Otter. A Piper Navajo would be cool too. And please a steam-gauge 208 Caravan for my turbo-prop-bush-flying-needs :grin:

1 Like

Good news are on the way. At least two high-fidelity steam gauge twins: Aerosoft’s Twin Otter, and of course the MilViz 310 is coming soon too!

1 Like

From what I saw in their forums, Twin Otter is planned for summer, so June to August I suppose. So still a few months out. No idea about the planned timeframe for MilViz’s 310 release. perhaps sooner than that?

Yeah, I imagine maybe sooner, but who knows. Their Corsair is coming on Thursday. So that will open them up to continue working on the 310.

this is me on approach to Lihue, thunderstorm. Only issue is rain in the cockpit,lol

Ryzen 7 3800X
48 G RAM
1080 TI Extreme

1 Like

Seems like a common problem in several aircraft. Developers forget to add a environment occluder so the weather/fog/clouds etc. stays out of the cockpit. Email or make a support ticket and send them these links: https://youtu.be/-ZkahvTD_Rw?t=2592 and MSFS glass problems | FSDeveloper

They don’t know how. These guys specifically said on their FB they haven’t been able to figure that out. If someone wants to reach out to them and help, it’d be great.

They have no problem making the plane one of the highest priced add-ons on the market though!

4 Likes

Well, according to one dev i’ve read on here, the dev’s don’t set the prices on the market :thinking:. Not sure I’m buying that as we have one half arsed modern jet fighter on there that’s twice the price of the other :man_shrugging:

That’s only accurate for that particular occasion. On most other occasions, the devs have control of pricing. Just Flight published DC Designs’ development. They also packaged it and the documentation according to JustFlight standards. That doesn’t hold for SimMarket.

That’s not at all what happened. If you take a look at the 200+ page CRJ forum thread you’ll find that Aerosoft was originally not going to model the cabin at all for performance reasons, but when everyone complained they met folks halfway with a low res interior so it wouldn’t brick the sim at 5 fps. It’s the only airliner in MSFS to have a fully modeled interior. The stock 747 and A320 only model a single window on each side of the plane to look out of. But Gripper didn’t do his research and just mused that they had ported it.

1 Like

I have no idea who Gripper is and I have yet to read any reviews on the CRJ. I’ve seen some videos on it and it looks pretty good. My reply was addressing the state of MSFS payware addons as a whole, not the CRJ in particular.

1 Like

As it should, stock aircraft have never been the baseline. The addon market has been on a level beyond stock aircraft for decades and competition is king. I have an issue with devs cutting corners and rushing content out to make a quick buck (especially inexperienced devs). Devs dropping payware addon standards and taking advantage of addon starved MSFS simmers by selling poorly made aircraft is what irks me, some of these things are downright scams.

The CRJ itself seems like a good aircraft, but it’s clear Aerosoft (being an experienced company) has the capability to produce higher quality content. Like the rest - it is apparent that even they made concessions in the name of development speed (the bugs, external model and external textures being some of them, and since you mention it - the the old cockpit idea being another, I don’t buy that it was for “performance reasons”)). It shows that they and other addon devs recognize the sales opportunity and are capitalizing on the situation. That’s all. It’s not a bad thing, but it’s not great either. At this point I’m content with experienced devs like Aerosoft, Milviz, Just Flight and IndiaFoxtEcho doing what they need to do to release content in such a short window of time, in this new market it’s an inevitability. I’m just ready for us to move past this period and get back to devs taking their time and releasing higher quality aircraft befitting the new sim.

I thank the few devs that have released quality addons thus far. But more of my appreciation lies with the devs that ignored the temptation of short term gain in favor of long term benefit, by taking their time and releasing a more refined aircraft. Having your initial release for a sim be an exemplary one is a good look for a company as it shows that they are committed to quality.

5 Likes