New Release Red Wings Super Constellation

Same here , 50$ US … come on , it’s nowhere close to the DC-6 texturing and level of details and they charge almost the same … I’m done buying over 50$ aircraft. It’s a slap in the face … p3d years are over , get the price tag where it should be … look at the JU-52

7 Likes

MS is financing Ju-52 and they can afford to do 15 USD Aircraft because they don’t care if they lose money. This is not the same for indie developer. You don’t realize how much it is to create an aircraft. It’s a ton of work. To expect aircraft to all be 15 USD is just unreasonable. Also Asobo aircraft are very limited in system and implementation. They look shiny and nice but simulation wise they are not that deep.

10 Likes

I’m a bit conflicted here.
Clearly visually the PMDG DC-6 is superior to this new Connie and is fully functional with all systems, AI Flight Engineer etc. Still the Connie costs about the same and might even cost more when all systems have been implemented in the future.
I know RedWing only from scenery addons, and to my knowledge they don’t nearly have the pedigree with aircraft that PMDG has.
So to me this appears to be an extremely ballsy move by RedWing. And while I really like to have a Connie, l don’t think this one is worth that amount of money compared to the DC-6. So I will pass. Sorry.

10 Likes

For me I am always skeptical when an addon drops out of nowhere. Not always a strong indicator of a bad product but his has helped me avoid mistake purchases in the past.

It may be amazing but I shall wait for some reviews.

1 Like

Interesting how, in this forum, so many people pop in to threads to say “I am not interested in buying this as it is not my sort of plane” . I sometimes wonder if car dealers have the same issue with people sticking their head in the door of the dealership to shout out “just popped in to say I am not interested in a Mustang it is not my sort of car”.

Then there is the “choice between the DC6 and the Constellation” stuff - if people said “I do not need an A380 Airbus because I already have a 747” you would think they were delusional. Same here these are the two most iconic pre-jet airliners of the mid 20th Century, if you have the cash just get both.

Personally I think this limited early release at a discount marketing model is a good one. People that are keen to get access early and are willing to take a risk get a discount and people that are unsure can opt to wait for the full version at full price before committing.

Meanwhile - someone has done a three hour preview stream of it -

9 Likes

This is a public forum, not Red Wings’ shop, your analogy is not really right. Nobody is going to write an email to Red Wing telling them they will not buy their product, but here on the forum, every opinion is valid and can be shared. Do you want to buy it? Tell us why. You do not want to buy it, why not? Too expensive? Not good value for money? This is exactly what a forum is for. Discussing pros and cons and why you considering it good or bad offering.

21 Likes

No where near the detailing of the DC-6. That is why people are saying it is overpriced, especially since it is a work in progress! More detail needs to be made to texturing for sure at it’s current price point.

4 Likes

Understood, but coming onto the thread to post ‘It’s not my kind of plane” isn’t adding anything of value to the conversation. I don’t jump into the threads discussing the A320, 737 etc to let everyone know they are not particularly interesting to me. That would be completely redundant.

13 Likes

I watched that stream earlier today. I wonder why it’s been removed…

Anyway it seems to be fairly complicated to start and manage, especially without an automated flight engineer like the DC-6 has. Fortunately that is apparently coming in an update.

$69 AUD actually mate. Bought it this morning myself.

Fair enough cobba but It’s still to much at that price for my interest.$50 AUD is what I limit myself to.Enjoy.:+1:

So let me get this straight, 42.35 Euros (49.03 USD) is the early access price, and the price is going to go up even higher later? For something that’s not PMDG? I want to like it, it’s faster and the cockpit is less cluttered and more modern looking than the DC-6. Guess I’ll have to wait and see the impressions from people I trust, but it’s still going to be a pretty hard sell at this time of the year and with so many other new releases I’m looking forward to.

1 Like

https://www.superconstellation.ch/index.php/en/flugzeuge-en/l-1049-hb-rsc-en/technische-daten-en

initial approach speed seems to be 140 knts, but for the 15" Manifold pressure keeping you high speed, I think you didn’t change the propeller blade pitch? in this plane it needs to be changed for correct thrust and engine rpm which is the job of the flight engineer and at current state you need to do it manually. the noise high pitch should be related to trim setting?

2 Likes

Hm, I really like the Constellation, but the combination WIP and a price of +EUR50 puts me off, I already have a too expensive WIP problem child in my hangar, the Electra…

1 Like

All, I’m saying is that if the published final approach speed is 115kts, there is no way I could make it to that without stalling at full flaps.

1 Like

lol, the ju-52 is way way simpler. you dont know what you talking about .
50 for an all systems simulated plane is a steal.

sorry I don’t understand, you mean unless you go to a pitch angle which stalls the plane you can’t reduce speed to 115 knts? if so I would suggest you to play around with the propeller pitch angle (not the plane, it’s a lever at the flight engineer deck), and the fuel mix proportion.

Downwind 140 IAS Flaps 60, Base / turning final 135 IAS Flaps 80, Final Flaps 100. 2600 RPM for all, blower LOW (or none). Vapp is somewhere between 110 and 136 depending of your load (wing level and 1G load factor). Seems quite accurate to me from what I’ve flown so far.

in a few days… in a few weeks… (in a few months :upside_down_face: )… marketplace is a mystery of time :rofl:

1 Like

Yup, a steal from the 3rd party developer. It may be simpler but the details are beyond amazing for it so yes, I consider the JU-52 a masterpiece. But that’s my opinion. I’m glad you enjoy this one, I will never know how good it is because I will simply not buy it for 50$ in it’s current state.

5 Likes