NOW RELEASED - Shorts Sd3-30 / Sd3-60 and Sherpa project from Blackbox

Yep, May 1 seems pretty definite to me too.

Just entered the date in the diary. I will be there on May 2 at one minute past midnight if we are still waiting. No pressure though :joy:

1 Like

I love my Islanders and Trislanders the only critic I can make of those are the cockpit textures that are subpar compared to other devs. From what I could see here this follows the same line, cockpit looks quite bad. I hope you guys can find a way to improve textures because your planes work flawlessly and your flight models are top-notch. It is just the cockpit that looks a little spartan compared to other planes.

8 Likes

Few more screenshots from Recent Test flights
(Note to Beta Testers: please feel free to post screenshots)

USFS Ready to drop Jumpers

Unpainted Base Model in the mountains

8 Likes

Taken from my original post over at https://cbfsim.co.uk

Departing Sydenham

Lancashire

Ferry across the Mersey

Warmer climate

Tahiti

Sailing anyone?

open the doorsā€¦

Theyā€™ve all gone!

A jumping we will goā€¦

Hawaii three oh

10 Likes

Thatā€™s great :slightly_smiling_face:

When youā€™re flight testing over the UK though could you also drop some parka coats and thermal socks. Thereā€™s still a bit of a nip in the air around these parts :joy:

3 Likes

When I said feel free to post a few screenshots ā€¦ :astonished:

NAH Your cool ā€¦ Nice pics thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice pictures :saluting_face:
I was very pleased by all Blackbox product I have buy. Every time the plane come with good documentation and the dev take care of his customer feedback.
I am excited about the short 330 because I know I will spend lot of time to learn how to fly the plane, not how to workaround some bug.

2 Likes

Appreciated thanks :smiling_face:

I already know. This aircraft will be one of my favourites.

4 Likes

Never buying from this developer again, contacted support 3 times about an issue i have with the Bulldog, no reply , marketplace are washing their hands constantly pointing me back to the developer, plus their products get less updates

Hi Steve, Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having trouble with the bulldog. Iā€™m not the developer, but I do like their products and want to see if I can help you out. Iā€™ll shoot you a DM regarding the Bulldog and see if we canā€™t get it straightened out for 'ya!

1 Like

Well ā€¦ I havenā€™t got the Bulldog so canā€™t really comment on that to be honest :slightly_smiling_face:

I do have the Trislander however and my own personal experience in that regard has been nothing but favourable. That product works great, is not (imo) in need of any updates and on my (5 year old) system has great fps. It was also priced very fairly from memory as well.

I see the dev. here on the forum as being very visible and active which to me is also a massive plus. He also appears to have a (silly) sense of humour too like me which appeals.

So ā€¦ just trying to balance the books here since our experiences differ somewhat. If my experiences coincided with yours, trust me, I would agree with you. However, that is not the case :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Exterior pictures look fine and this will be a very fun aircraft to fly.

I just beg the devs to please consider all the feedback given about the interior textures, the Islanders fly wonderfully, sound great but look quite bad in the cockpit and the little Iā€™ve seen from the Shorts look the same way. Not only that, the Shorts cockpit look exactly as the islander and that doesnā€™t make a lot of sense.

Iā€™m saying this in the best spirit: your cockpits look very bad, at or below freeware quality, if I have to wait a few extra weeks no problem but I hope you can release this plane with a nice looking cockpit as we spend 99% of our sim time there. And if you can consider redoing the islanders that would be great of course.

5 Likes

I guess you canā€™t please all of the people all of the time :slightly_smiling_face:

I know that some people would have liked higher rez cockpit textures in the Trislander but personally the textures were fine for me and probably contributed to the great fps I get on my PC system. The same criticism was levelled at Milviz/Blackbird too and I also think they did the right thing on their product too (at least for me).

I can tell that your comments were made in a genuine manner and respect your opinion accordingly. Personally, though similar textures to the Trislander would be okay for me :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I disagree. The Shorts cockpit is completely different than the Islanderā€™s. Oneā€™s a reciprocating engine plane, and oneā€™s a turboprop.

Iā€™m on a flight right now but Iā€™ll hop in the Shorts and see if I can see what youā€™re talking about after this. Keep in mind that this is still very much a work in progress.

1 Like

First of all thanks for replying and taking the feedback, you could have just ignored it.

Your comment is about the functionality of the cockpit mine was more about the style or look & feel, the Islader and the Short (from what Iā€™ve seen) seem to have been made by the same manufacturer. Colors, textures, etc.

3 Likes

Youā€™re absolutely right. I only get partial credit for my reply. :rofl:

Iā€™ll have to have another look at the two of them. The Islander was definitely ā€œa while agoā€ in flight sim time compared to the Shorts regionals. Even though the folks at Black Box have been doing this a long time, they still get better with each iteration! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Already considered, responded to and acted upon :wink:

4 Likes

VERY UNFAIR !
I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I know it is unfair but I needed a low blow just in case we could get better cockpits :slight_smile:
Love your work.

4 Likes