New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hi David,
I hope you enjoy the GA in MSFS a bit. Lot of things changed last 4 decades. Sometimes it makes me even feel old, but Iam glad I can experience this massive progress in technology.
If you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask. There is a lot of knowledge over here.
Take care and blue skies!

1 Like

Hi Markus,
Well always good to hear the background of the simmers over here, even if they are around for a while allready.
Hope you can put a bit of creativity in the sim a bit. Iam really excited to see what 3d objects you developed and dont be afraid to share some sneak peaks here at the forum. The positive reactions can really boost the confidence and can stimulates your projects or enthousiam.
Anyway hope you will enjoy MSFS for a long time to come and keep the great things comming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello All, I’m Kwerzer and new to MSFS2020. I bought my sim in August 2020 and now ready to use it. I have been on Xplane for a while and want to experience this new realism from MSFS. Please how do i download and install the latest MSFS

3 Likes

Hi @CrudeWig200978,
Please see this installation guide here:

1 Like

Thank you!

Hi, I am brand new to flight sims and aviation in general.

MODERATOR EDIT:
Please reply here for assisting OP with Flight Training:

1 Like

Hello. I’ve played fsx, prepar 3d, x plane 11+, Il2 1946, etc. Good games.

3 Likes

Welcome to msfs Engineer. I fly the neo a320 Airbus. Learning the F-18 Hornet.
My name is Rich

Hello Craxxenn. Welcome to msfs. My name is Rich. I fly the a320 Airbus. On XBox.

I’m new here - don’t seem to be able to post a new topic - need a bit of help with the game. Thanks

3 Likes

Hello @FokeWulf89,
Welcome to the forum! As a new user, you are currently at Trust Level 0 (TL0); which does not allow you to create a new topic. This is to help prevent spam bots (auto account creations) from posting on the forum.

However, advancing to the next level is easy. :slight_smile:

See this guide here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/trust-levels-and-how-to-advance/121729

Hello FokeWulf89. Welcome to MSFS! My name is Rich. Retired so I’m on most days. Using XBox s. Flying the a320 Airbus. Glad to help you!

Rich

Hi! I’m ZarKlag and I’m just beginning my training on PC.

I’ve always wanted to fly but the real thing is a bit beyond me financially.

4 Likes

Welcome @DweltTree278958,

Perhaps in the future you may be able to enjoy the joys of real flight. Be it powered or glider. I hope you do. In the mean time, enjoy MSFS and discover the MSFS world.

1 Like

Hello All
The Lawndart is here and I am looking to have some fun with this game … my current setup is
I5 10600K
32 gig of Gskill RipJaw ram running at 3600
Gigabyte Geforce RTX 3060
all running on a 64 bit Windows 11

Hoping I can at least run this game at a basic setup

Oh and I have the Thrustmaster Warthog JS and throttle

4 Likes

Welcome sofa jockey. Glad to have you on MSFS. I’m retired so I’m on most days. On XBox s. I’m in Alaska

My name is

Rich

Hi, second sim I have ever played with. Novalogic’s F22 Raptor, was already old when I completed all the missions. Previous “X” Version of FS, bought it the day it released, removable media bad.

Fast forward to 2020, school gave me a good excuse to finally buy a new PC. For the price, think I got what I needed - can run it on high with a bit of added detail on a 55 inch screen. Otherwise, been on this here version since it came out a couple of years back. Awesome, must admit.

IRL? Tech Support for as long as I can remember. Now with a non-profit that promotes GA and whatnot. Learning about Part 91’s and Part 135’s, SAF and other things. May be able to save for a license, after we buy the new car.

Otherwise, visit KDAY most every year, which with Thunder over Louisville round up a couple of great shows. Small city I live at, has also a small air show every September. Been to Air Force Museum by Wright-Patterson/KFFO, PIMA’s by KDMA and Grissom’s near KGUS.

Sim teaches one so much, like the lessons and landing challenges. Please keep up the good work.

:nerd_face: :world_map: :small_airplane:

P.S: All of the above with a simple Logitech Extreme 3D PRO Joystick. Yup, leftover from when I bought version X. Would rather save towards the license, 4K screen does give me enough of a lifesize feeling, input-wise. Cheers…

:joystick:

2 Likes

Heya from Greece.
You can call me Akis
Local airport is MJT, Mitilini, Lesvos

I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on PC.
I was playing FSX years ago, but just totally casual, never got in depth, although I had joined a virtual airline team.
I want to try flight simulation because I like airplanes, and because of that I’ve bought a new joystick with a throttle.
Cu up in the skies.

4 Likes

Hi Dear,

Let’s introduce myself after some weeks of reading and learning.

On my 60th birthday I had the Xbox plus FS2020 … terrific, amazing, awesome. I used to fly Cessna 172 on an airport (LELL, Sabadell) close to my home in Barcelona; everything looks familiar except the controls of the plane :wink:

Now an old (experienced) guy story, first time I flew on FS was on an IBM XT compatible PC (Olivetti M24) in the ‘80s. Somewhere I have some floppy disks and CDs with those old versions. Only some Mb for everything …

Now dealing on what’s the best way to play FS2020, using the XBox controller or getting a stick, no space for more complex, realistic controllers.
Also understanding whether I need a keyboard and mouse or not.
Any suggestion will be more than welcome.

Best regards,
—-
MacPilot
Fontpineda, Palleja
Barcelona

4 Likes

Hello MacPilot17. My name is Rich. I live in Alaska. On XBox s.
I fly the a320 Airbus, F-18 Hornet and the Honda HJet. Also have flown the c 172. I’m also in the Co-Pilot Program in MSFS!

I’m retired, do I’m on most days.
Rich